Wonder what this will go for...

Just been looking at this one its certainly been around, sold at h and h auctions 2009 for £8500 sold again last year for £7700 now est £14,000 18,000????!!!!!!! Im sure someone here went to see it, i think it is a bit iffy!!:unsure: but you never know:lol:

Not sure but it might have been Franky who went to see it,im sure we will find out soon enough:rolleyes:!!!

I went to see it when it was advertised by the guy that bought it in 2009, he spent a fortune on electric windows and leather seats etc. It looks ok in the pics till you notice that its got a 3/4inch gap between the door and sill on one side and lots of soft spots around the body. Thats why I guess it went to auction. It did drive nice and looks lovely from a distance.

It needed(imo) the sills doing again to sort the panel gaps out and lower wings and doors.

Lovely images, and, in the most, a great looking car (IMO) but the wheels, the door cards and the front valance..ugghh, so whys it for sale so often then anyone??

So did it get sorted or not?!! Cos for an estimate of that figure it wants to be bloody top draw,big difference from last years £7700 eh:)

With the wrong Front Valence and the wrong wheels ( and all the other Bodywork faults), it will be lucky to raise a genuine bid over five figures, in my opinion.
And there will be a substantial Buyer's Premium to add onto the Hammer price.

Wonder who suggested that Estimate - the Vendor or the Auction House ?

Put the estimate price up against a RS mexico or RS 2000 of a similar vintage and it would be nearly double that price . Know what i would rather have , 10 K for any decent 240 z is a bargain

Wonder what these will go for ?
J D Classics board with them already ?, don't ever remember FFA being called "Little Sam" and ever being a "Works" car

Datsun Big Sam For Sale, classic cars for sale uk (Car: advert number 190533) | Classic Cars For Sale
Datsun Little Sam For Sale, classic cars for sale uk (Car: advert number 190534) | Classic Cars For Sale

Don't know about being bored with them, they are car dealer, that's what car dealers do, buy stuff and then sell it for a profit (hopefully) :)

It is actually the 280Z one.
Hadrian Panels used to list this under the 240Z/260Z heading, which is why quite a few Owners fitted them - mistakenly - as the correct ones haven't been available for some time.

I've just realised this the car my dad bid on at h&h a few months back.
He was the Winning bid @ only £5500.
Didn't meet reserve (guy wanted I think it was £8k on the day)

So why so optimistic or unrealistic at this auction?????
Strange...

Seen the nearside rear arch profile too? Looks dodgy to me. What a shame to go to all that trouble and still end up with a car that needs bodywork. :unsure:

Think I'm going to go along to Race Retro on the Fri or Sat so I might get a look at this and other auction lots.

I've got an FIA mustang to drop off for the auction so may have a look. Don't know yet if i'm stopping over to go to the show on Frid.

Back