What Tyres Would You Recommend

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHIL HYETT

Well-Known Forum User
HI GUYS . I AM ABOUT TO PURCHASE A V8 POWERED 240Z AND THE CAR REQUIRES NEW TYRES .IT HAS 16ins COMPOMOTIVE SPLIT RIM WHEELS 8J -8.5J. CAN ANYBODY RECOMMEND A MAKE OF TYRE .ie FALKEN FULDA ETC THEY WILL BE USED ON THE ROAD BUT MAINLY SPRINTS AND TRACK USE .

THANKS PHIL :bow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously tyre choice is a touchy subject round here - all these views and no views!

My recommendation on current products would be Toyo Proxes T1-R for a good all-rounder - good range of sizes and, knowing your requirements Phil, 225 50-16 ZR front and 245 45-16 ZR rear. Comes with recommendations from users on other Z based sites, now on the Flying Pig, primary choice by Stillen for their 350Zs and about to go on my new wheels...

Am a very big fan of Toyo tyres (using the 888 track day tyres:devil: ) but I am afraid that they would wear a little quickly for your liking.

Eagle F1's are a very good high perf tyre and I have heard good reports of the BFgoodridge G force range
Yokohama AVS's are also very well respected

A wonderfull car deserves a wonderfull tyre not some Nanking nevergrip carp ... buy her some nice boots Phil

Thanks guys you have been very helpful cant wait to get the car and start getting her back to her former glory .Some of you will remeber the car .

Phil I assume this car will be more for track days and the drag race challenge!Best you go for the 888's!!

G Nose 240 Z V8

Steve OK HERE IT IS !!!!!!!!!!!! HOPE TO HAVE IT IN NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS .CANT WAIT !!!!!!!!! TO BE A TWO Z OWNER
NOW DO YOU KNOW THE CAR ?????????

Attachments

• DSCF03263.jpg
    DSCF03263.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 39
  • e-mailMG_0001.jpg
    e-mailMG_0001.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 34
Looks to me like one of the cars that appeared in an article in Performance Tuning magazine some years ago that started this crazy notion in my mind to have a V8 S30. Of course seeing Darius's car leave enormous pairs of rubber lines down the road kinda sealed it.:D

Congratulations on your purchase Phil!

As a side issue does anybody know what happened to the Black SBC powered car in the article? Mr F?

Toyo Proxes

When I was a scoobyfreak, Toyo T1's were the usual choice for fellow scooby owners. Sticky enuff but like Steve says bit soft.

By the way, great colour that car you're getting :cool:

PHIL HYETT said:
Steve OK HERE IT IS !!!!!!!!!!!! HOPE TO HAVE IT IN NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS .CANT WAIT !!!!!!!!! TO BE A TWO Z OWNER
NOW DO YOU KNOW THE CAR ?????????[/quote]

The very memorable Clive Standish car with the Rover / TVR style lump in, Wilwood brakes and Kaminari bits. Aesthetics aside because they are to personal taste (and this was done 20 years ago), this has to be one of the most solid originally UK supplied 240s about.

I was seriously tempted to buy it myself as the basis of my project.

This is the ONLY V8 S30 I have ever been in. Clive took me out in it during it's heyday in the 80's, I was still grinning until about 1994 I seem to recall.

To quote Yoda "mmmmmmm chosen well you have"

zeeman1972 said:
As a side issue does anybody know what happened to the Black SBC powered car in the article? Mr F?

The Beast ..... with it's 666 number plate. It was, I believe owned by Richard Wills and reading the review it was the antithesis of Clive's Rover engined car, being far more brutal and grunty as opposed to Clive's car being more nimble and throwable.

Talking of "what happened to ....??", what happened to your burgundy car mike ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back