What is this bracket for?

Paul_S

Club Member
There's a bracket with 2 threaded holes on the side of the heater box. What is it for? My car has nothing fitted to it.

gallery_245_510_536403.png

Thanks! :)

Paul_S

Club Member
Thanks for your reply but mine is a RHD heater and the valve does go on that side but it bolts to the bottom right corner:

gallery_245_510_24931.jpg

You can see the bracket in this pic above the hose.

Paul_S

Club Member
Did I ask a difficult question?! o_O

Maybe the heater box was used in another model and the bracket has a use in an alternative situation?

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I meant to look at mine today. I was wondering if it might be where the console or radio bracket attaches.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
There's a bracket with 2 threaded holes on the side of the heater box. What is it for? My car has nothing fitted to it.

gallery_245_510_536403.png

Thanks! :)

Japanese market had the extra cost option of air conditioning from the beginning of production in 1969, and the heater radiator/flap control 'box' was common to RHD cars whether air-con equipped or not. The bracket with two captive nuts is an unused mount for one of the actuators on the air-con system:

20190331_102151.jpg

20190331_102222.jpg

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Japanese market had the extra cost option of air conditioning from the beginning of production in 1969, and the heater radiator/flap control 'box' was common to RHD cars whether air-con equipped or not. The bracket with two captive nuts is an unused mount for one of the actuators on the air-con system:

Awesome info - were there any other Japanese-market comfort options early on? I know they had gearbox / engine choices but other ones would be interesting to know!

johnymd

Club Member
I've seen US 260/280z's with a few air valves operating flaps. The air function switch is operated by the heater control slider.