What is the red and yellow thingy?

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Its not at the top of my banner thingy but seems to be in most other banners on the right hand side in the orange secton as you look at it:confused:

All about the user infraction system in the manual :)

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/user_infractions

Basically the theory is you red/yellow card someone, and chose a reason why they got it.

We can set up our own reasons, for example bad language, attacks on users, inappropriate stuff, spam, advertising, whatever we imagine.

This carries a "penalty points", and we weight the offence accordingly.

Depending on how 'naughty' (lol) someone has been we can then automate what happens to them. It's a bit fairer, and easier to deal with repeat pain in the assess, so rather than the old days where we'd all have a big thread on what the problem was, how to handle it yada yada, we come up with our own offences, and reprocussions, then we let the system do it for us (i.e. they can automatically be moved to difference groups with reduced permissions, temporarily banned etc).

Thankfully these days we have a trouble free bunch and I'm confident I'll never need to use it :D

It's so true though, funny how sometimes grown men can act like kids on here, none of us included of course! :p

It can be arranged will Steve Burns look at my PM & give me an answer?:mad:

WHATS WITH THE :mad:
Just For your information
Received your PM about suggestion on colour design at 5.05
Forwarded your suggestion on to Russ at 5.15 that is 10 minutes after your PM being sent to me
Got a reply From Russ at 7.42 saying Ripping off the slogan was an intresting idea and he would look into it

Now all that happened in
2 hrs 37 minutes
and then I went and watched footie on the TV I take it I am allowed time to do that

So you can take you :mad:smilie and put where ever you want

Last edited by a moderator:
WHATS WITH THE :mad:
Just For your information
Received your Pm about suggestion on colour design at 5.05
Forwarded your suggestion on to Russ at 5.15 that is 10 minutes after yor PM being sent to me
Got a reply From Russ at 7.42 saying Ripping of the slogan was an intresting idea and he would lok into it

Now all that happened in
2 hrs 37 minutes
and then I went and watched footie on the TV I take it I am allowed time to do that

So you can take you :mad:smilie and put where ever you want

Sorry I woke you up Steve:D I just thought you would have replied to my PM.

I like the idea, we'll discuss, sorry I should have probably replied to you. Don't want to get sued by orange though :p

I think we'll change the red and yellow cards to blue and black flags! More appropriate :)

I like the idea, we'll discuss, sorry I should have probably replied to you. Don't want to get sued by orange though :p

I think we'll change the red and yellow cards to blue and black flags! More appropriate :)

In racing circles a blue flag means you are a tosser & about to be lapped.:(

Yeah I was wondering whether I should drop that again, in case we return to posting for the sake of posting?

Back