What carb dashpot oil?

datty240Z

Well-Known Forum User
After my throttle cable conversion my 240 is much more driveable at low speeds but coming on and off the throttle at higher speeds does still seem a little on/off but certainly no worse than before. Could this be because I'm using too light a dashpot oil in the SUs. I just use 3 in 1 oil. What does any one else use?

TBH I just use 10/40 engine oil. I've heard of using 3in1 but never tried it. When my car was 'set-up' the tuner I used (great chap no longer with us) suggested I try different 'weights' if I experienced problems. Luckily I haven't needed to (perhaps I should try it!).

I get an instant response to throttle movement and I love it, wish my 350Z was the same!

I get an instant response to throttle movement and I love it,
I know what you mean about loving the instant response and agree when I'm driving hard and having fun it's great. However i use my 240 every day, weather permitting, and i just think if the throttle response was a little less on/off at moderate to high speeds it might be more "comfortable." I think I'll try a slightly heavier oil and report back.

Back