Wanted. Fuel pump Kyosan Denki

nospark

Well-Known Forum User
Has anyone got a Kyosan Denki mechanical fuel pump they want to sell ? Or even the internal diaphram/ valve refurb kit.

My existing pump may be bad. I've got a UK 1972 240z so would like to keep it original with the Kyosan Denki pump.

PM me if you can help. Thanks

Nigel Brook

Well-Known Forum User
Does it have to be a Kyoshan Denki. I have a jap Atsugi one from a 72 Z. I suspect there were different ones anyway dependant on then current suppliers.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Saw a NoS one on ebay a while back for $500 or something ... I'm not sure the refurb kits are available for the internal bits. Anyone remanufacturing some would clean up surely - we're all after them at one time or another!

Mr.F

Inactive
Refurb parts now no longer available. Most aftermarket pumps don't look like OEM, e.g. Carter.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Saccyclone sent me a new one from the US he got one bay that looks OEM (same shape etc) but obv has no maker's name etc. $50 or thereabouts.

nospark

Well-Known Forum User
Someone on Amazon bought a GMB mechanical fuel pump in September 2016. Its cheap (at least before you import it!) and he gave it 5 star rating.

The interesting bit is that he says the internals of this GMB pump match the Kyosan Denki pump internals. In effect he has now created a refurbished Kyosan Denki pump (happy days).

The other 240z OEM pump was the Nikki which had slightly different internals. I might have to buy one of these GMB pumps. If it does indeed refurb the Kyosan Denki then i will report back........unless you have been there, done that

nospark

Well-Known Forum User
The Nikki company built a new factory at Atsugi, Japan in 1967. I am guessing Nikki built the Atsugi pump at that factory.

SacCyclone

Club Member
Someone on Amazon bought a GMB mechanical fuel pump in September 2016. Its cheap (at least before you import it!) and he gave it 5 star rating.

The interesting bit is that he says the internals of this GMB pump match the Kyosan Denki pump internals. In effect he has now created a refurbished Kyosan Denki pump (happy days).

The other 240z OEM pump was the Nikki which had slightly different internals. I might have to buy one of these GMB pumps. If it does indeed refurb the Kyosan Denki then i will report back........unless you have been there, done that

I think that GMB pump is the one that I got for UK66fastback...interesting if the internals will work with originals since we can't find rebuild kits.

Let us know if it works>>>:thumbs: