Viewing a 260z 2+2 tomorrow!!

Ashley

Club Member
I am hopefully going to see a one owner low mileage 260z 2+2 tomorrow and wondered if anyone of you kind petrolheads out there might give me a few pointers on what I should look out for?

Are these cars significantly less desirable/valuable than the 2 seaters?

Regards
Ash

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
I am hopefully going to see a one owner low mileage 260z 2+2 tomorrow and wondered if anyone of you kind petrolheads out there might give me a few pointers on what I should look out for?

Regards
Ash

Answers to:

Q 1 Rust, rust, rust & rust.

Q 2 Very much so !!!

JakTheRuby

Club Member
1. What he said

2. Depends. If you do some trick body mods (lower car, bigger wheels, flared arches) they can look every bit as stunning as the 2 seater. Check the picture in the middle / top of the homepage (gallery) and check out Jay's car. Personally I'd take that over the coupe for the practicality.

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
1. What he said

2. Depends. If you do some trick body mods (lower car, bigger wheels, flared arches) they can look every bit as stunning as the 2 seater. Check the picture in the middle / top of the homepage (gallery) and check out Jay's car. Personally I'd take that over the coupe for the practicality.

Part 2 of the question was value !! An original low milage showroom condition 2+2 would struggle to make 4k, if it where a 260 2 seater in the the same condition I for one would not be able to put a price on it, 20k? 25k?, so I guess the value also answers the question of desirabilty.

Martin W

Well-Known Forum User
as a 2+2 owner i would say yes it will be worth less money£££ than a 2seater is, but how much do you like it thats the big Q??????? yes there will be rust trust us all on that 1 even the best non restored Zs have it some place. there are a few things you can do to it to make it stand out a little but the 2seater is at the mo:D the more desirable 1

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Being less desirable just means that it's up and coming and a bargain - bit like houses really !

I've a 240Z but I'm doing a great 2+2 project and I'd love to do another one !

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
My feelings are if you want a 2+2 or a coupe is should be as rot free as possible. I personally would rather buy a clean 2+2 than a rot box or a coupe that is smothered in underseal to hide the many years of rot that has set in, take a look at the gallery in here and spot the upgraded cars that are considered high in wish list and value and a wash in splodge underneath. Ask yourself why some peeps buy us cars and convert them!

Too many ppl talking bull for car values, its the price your prepared to pay for the car you want. Me , I'd pay top money for a "clean and well sorted car" be it a 2+2 or coupe.

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
as with most things it depends on condition and a mint 2+2 can easily be worth nearly as much as a good 240z,you have to remember how much it costs to restore these cars and it would proberly cost more to restore a 2+2 than a 2 seater.
if you have a family the 2+2 is ideal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pmac

Well-Known Forum User

Regards
Ash

Just print out the buyers guide and take it with you. Its why we have one on the forum. Its written by experts in the marque for novices.

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
A 2+2 sounds a good choice...Cheaper than a 2+0 and if you've got friends or family they can fit in it too!
Let us know how you get on!

Russ

Club Member
Jay has proven they can look cool though!

z5.jpg

zedache

Well-Known Forum User
Like a few here, I have had both and thoroughly enjoyed both. Both are practical and sporty and there are many who actually prefer the look of the 2+2.

Ashley

Club Member
Just been to see the car and definately NOT bought it!

One owner and 30000 miles but lots of fresh underseal everywhare and poorly applied black gloss paint crudely covering up rust around the wheel arches.

I did like the mint interior, the originality of the engine bay data decals and the fact that no one had bastardised the car but for £8500 I expacted it to be mint!

The car deserves to be stripped, welded and repainted but if I am going to do all of that I may as well buy a rusty 240/260z 2 seater which is what I really want anyway!

Thankyou to everyone on the forum for all the great advice!

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: