valves+engine bearings? where from?

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Kameari and Rockauto.
But make sure they're tri-metal bearings, not aluminium.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I've not, but that doesn't mean much. their website is rubbish, which is probably a good sign! do they have titanium valves in those sizes?

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
I believe the Clevite/MAHLE Tri-Metal bearings sold by the likes of RockAuto and Amazon et al are good quality, and made in Japan. Certainly good enough for street use.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
I believe the Clevite/MAHLE Tri-Metal bearings sold by the likes of RockAuto and Amazon et al are good quality, and made in Japan. Certainly good enough for street use.

To confirm: I believe the Clevite/Mahle Tri-Metal sets for the L-gata are actually repackaged items originally manufactured by NDC in Japan, same manufacturer as Kameari's entry-level bearings (not their higher-end stuff).

To confirm: I believe the Clevite/Mahle Tri-Metal sets for the L-gata are actually repackaged items originally manufactured by NDC in Japan, same manufacturer as Kameari's entry-level bearings (not their higher-end stuff).

Thank you.

Just leaves the valves. The ones that Mr Mori have suggested to match the rest of my 'bits' are £350 plus post and duty from Kameari. So this one time I might settle for something else as exchange rates are a stinger at the minute.

Pondo

Club Member
Quick flight out to Japan and back, 2 weeks quarantine at home working on the car? Sure you can get a cheap flight at the minute.

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I think I have a set of new SI valves just need to check the length.