Top Gear-New Series!

Can't wait. I'm not sure but I have a feeling they get the Stig in the Veyron. Doesn't matter whether you like them or loathe them, they are very entertaining. "Jeremy, me arms come off...". Priceless.

This Sunday......

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May travel to the US to take a road trip from San Francisco to the heart of Utah in three new-generation muscle cars, hoping this time to avoid a mob of angry locals pelting them with rocks.

Corvette ZR1 , Dodge Challenger and Cadillac CTS-V.

us_roadtrip.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In Car(TM) magazine they did a special road trip from Boston to California in 12 hours in the only Dodge Challenger in the UK (that's Boston Lincolnshire to California Cliffs just 5 miles up the road from Great Yarmouth, where I live which is only a 2 hour drive on the right roads). It got a great review because of its presence and for the fact that you get a 6.2 litre v8 musclecar for £21,000. If it is released here (doubtful given todays financial climate) it'll be around the £40k+ mark making it no longer the cheap, fun bargain it truly deserves to be.

Anyway, enough of that. Top Gear is gonna be as much fun as it normally is. Love it!

Hi,
Sean should enjoy Top Gear tonight as they're modifying a Renault Avantime, to drive it round the track!:p

giggle,,now I am looking forward to that ! :lol:Clarkson and the hamster and May ,, luv em or hate em,,I do like the show ! :thumbs:

Have to say it was pretty shit again tonight, The V8 blender segment though slightly funny wasn't really anything to do with new cars was it, I get more and more disillusioned every week.

Rob

This Week.....
Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May are challenged to drive from the heart of Switzerland to the North Western coast of England on just one tank of fuel. As an incentive, the first one to arrive gets to turn on the Blackpool Illuminations.

Back at the track, James tackles his first ever power test in the amazing Pagani Zonda F Roadster and, after years of waiting, The Stig finally gets to set a lap time in the remarkable Bugatti Veyron.

That Bug was never gonna amount to anything much round the track. The GTR was a second faster 'round the ring and bearing in mind the Nordschleiffe has an enormous final straight and the Bug has an extra 70 miles an hour under it's belt, double the horses and twice the turbos, what the hell was it ever gonna do? Saying that, it did look utterly effortless. It was like watching a family saloon being driven quite sedately. No drama, no roll. I love the 50s/60s SciFi-ness of it. It's almost like an Ed Wood movie if he ever had the budget to look at. Everything is still at least seven seconds slower than the Caparo. Bollocks to that sleeping policeman rule!

The Pagani Zonda F was quite tasty!...The Veyron annhilated it in a straight line with Captain Slow driving, but it was quicker round the track with the Stig!

Love the red rocketship interior!.....
01large.jpg

Tonight's episode was a prime example of a half hour program dragged out, the daytona race didn't need to be so long & the Lexus V's the BM could have been shorter. Then there is all that crap about the cool board, a scirroco cool???? what a joke!

The original Scirocco MK1 was ok!....The latest one seems pointless, a bit like the Passat Coupe!?

Saying the GTR wasn't cool was just to get a reaction I think. They all know how good it is and they just wanted to go on the wind up. The Scirocco is just another VW. Too expensive but seems to hold it's value the most because people seem to think that it's German cars that give off an air of being something that you aren't (which in most cases isn't true because they're all tw*ts). M3 or GTR? Same money, same amount of seats but one of them drives at the speed of a supercar but handles better and is easier to live with, and the other is just a very expensive BMW.

Back