Top Gear - Chris Evans

Dale

Club Member
BBC said:
Breaking News
TV and radio presenter Chris Evans will be the new Top Gear presenter, the BBC has announced.
Evans said he was "thrilled" to get the job, describing the motoring show as his "favourite programme of all time".
"I promise I will do everything I possibly can to respect what has gone on before and take the show forward," he added.
He will replace Jeremy Clarkson, who was sacked after punching a producer while on location.

Great news. He'll do a brilliant job I'm sure.

How long till we see Clarkson being interviewed and put into the reasonably priced car!?!?

Never replace, doesn't mean do it instead of Mr D :)

The test record was done a month ago. At that point it wasn't known who would be the co-hosts.

The programme can't be any worse so its got to be good news.

Someone passionate about cars, with some serious experience behind them in the field - not just a light-entertainer. One obviously has to have a little more fire and crackle in their character (more than say, Tiff Needell) but red-nose day and cars doesn't do it for me.

I left the UK in '93 mate - I have no idea who you have now as 'TV personalities' - I hear so and so did this, said that etc and they were schoolkids when I left.

Someone young, dynamic and not wearing tweed jackets with elbow pads.

I think he's a good replacement. It's an entertainment show that includes car and I think he will give it that entertainment part. If you make it too car orienated you loose a big part of the audience and it becomes more like 5th gear, which lacks entertainment.

I think he's a good replacement. It's an entertainment show that includes car and I think he will give it that entertainment part. If you make it too car orienated you loose a big part of the audience and it becomes more like 5th gear, which lacks entertainment.

Spot on!

I would love to see Rowan Atkinson co-hosting! Can you imagine the fun he would bring to a test drive!?

Like I said, someone passionate about cars, put some serious input behind him (or her) and somewhat more articulate than the hairy stout lout.

It's going to be hard to match the rapport that Clarkson, Hammond and May had, but I think some fresh blood is what Top Gear needs as it has got a bit rubbish lately. I thought Jodie Kidd did quite a good job on The Classic Car Show, she has an obvious passion for cars. What about a racing driver as the third? someone like Jenson Button, Tim Harvey or Dario Franchitti maybe?

Morbias good call on Guy Martin, never would have thought of him, if he can do One man and his dog then I am sure he could manage Top Gear.

Back