Time attack gripe/moan

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Just venting my spleen here so bear with me

As a few know I was planning to enter Time Attack this year (Retro and Classic class) in a vain attempt to show off my weaknesses as a track driver and the strengths of some vintage Japanese metal.

Up until yesterday this was looking likely with investment in suspension and other nice bits and bobs to comply with their MSA yearbook regs going well.

Yesterday a Time attack email was sent out informing all that they have just done a 3 year deal with Pirelli so that all competitors in anything other than Pro and extreme must use the Pirelli control tyre or if wet, any Pirelli from the MSA 1A list

That means I have to invest an additional £1500 more than I had expected to even enter 1 event (I have new R888 and Kumho's that I would have to change…. never mind new Pirelli wets)

Now don't get me wrong the Pirelli control tyre is an excellent tyre but
1. It’s expensive
2. No one stocks it yet (in my size) although it’s on Pirelli’s list
3. I have already invested using their 2015 tyre regs which were only altered a few months ago

Looks like I won’t be running the 1st 240Z in Time Attack UK 2016

Way to kill off the private individual entries Time Attack

richiep

Club Member
I hope you've had a go at them about it - not that it will make any difference given the corporate money-making at play...

vipergts

Well-Known Forum User
So if they don't stock it yet how can you buy them.....Or do they not care and you cannot enter?

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
And hope you enjoy the xmas pressie we are sending you :mad:
Effing joke for the small guy
At least now I can unbutton my lips re You taking part in Time attack

MikeB

Well-Known Forum User
Steve

Tyres seem to be the MSA's flavour of the month, as they have also annoyed the hillclimb and sprint community by changing the List 1B list, apparently due to EU rules, and a lot of folk are in the same position as you, ironically the Kumhos are the ones that remain in 1B so you might have a market for them !!

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
@ MikeB
The way I read the MSA list was that the Kumhos V70a and 700's are only in list 1B for a certain size (OE fitment) otherwise they have moved to "new" list 1C

@ViperGTS
They are "promised" to be available direct from Pirelli with a "discount" to be confirmed
Only if Pirelli don't make your size can you then use the MSA List 1A and 1B

Just had an email from the organisers where I made it clear that to a privateer, the additional unexpected outlay was difficult, to which the reply was a little patronising I suspect that they are trying to lift the brand to a new level and if a few privateers fall by the wayside then so be it.

Oh well need to look forward to 2017 now when I can save up for a set of these Trofeo R (which they do make in Z friendly sizes btw)

datsfun

Club Member
Skids, surely some form of sponsorship could still salvage the opportunity for 2016? There must be businesses out there who would love to have their logo\name on a retro missile that will stand out from the norm??

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Skids, surely some form of sponsorship could still salvage the opportunity for 2016? There must be businesses out there who would love to have their logo\name on a retro missile that will stand out from the norm??

Are you running one of my systems ?

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
@Datsfun
Yes your right sponsorship would fix it but its a relatively minor event compared with the big sexy stuff (even though time attack is pretty big in itself)
plus they would be supporting a relative unknown....it would be better if I had some success under my belt already

Be nice if I could get it though

Are you running one of my systems ?

No, I nearly went that route some years ago but things took a different route