The best Lancashire autumn Zed meet ever!

ray100

Well-Known Forum User
Sunday 30th October 2011 @12.00hrs
Williamsons Park
(Wyresdale Rd car park)
Lancaster
LA1 1UX
Lancaster City Council • Williamson Park

Williamson Park is home to the Ashton Memorial and is set within 54 acres of beautiful parkland with enchanting woodland walks and play areas,gift shop,Pavilion Cafe butterfly house,wildlife centre and a small lake.

There are breathtaking views to the Fylde Coast,across Morecambe Bay and towards the Lake District,the Ashton Memorial folly was originally commissioned by Lord Ashton as a tribute to his wife and was completed by John Belcher in 1909 at a cost of over £80,000 which would be £4,588,000 in today's money :eek:
The stonework reflects the colour of the sun and can be seen in hues from pale yellow through pure white to deep orange depending on the time of day,i'm awaiting a reply from Lancaster City Council for permission to use it for a photo shoot by members on the day.
As usual the agenda is open with all suggestions welcome,i'm told that there is an antique market close by (wonder how much they will offer me for my old SatNav Neil,lol?) and some great driving roads around the area especially towards Shap on the A6 or the Trough of Bowland and Devils Bridge,but watch out for the bikers.

If the weathers good, I will come in the Z, if not I'll come in a Landy...see you there.

Come on Jonathan,it would be great to see your Samuri there,are you expecting snow? Lancaster City Council have provisionally agreed to our photo shoot at Williamson Park subject to a little bit of paperwork which i've submitted earlier today.Any members from the North East/Yorkshire area want to have a run out over the Pennines to join us?

Have you got a photog for the shoot Ray?

My pal Scott loves doing car shoots, hes a VW man but we don't hold that against him, I'll ask him if he's free for the afternoon :thumbs:

Just to bump it up,it's this Sunday.Why not take advantage of the extra hour when the clocks change,weather forecast looks promising as well..........what's not to like?

Well up to now there's 2x S30's & possibly 1x Landrover,lol. Think that on the day we'll know for sure as some won't commit until the day so don't let it put you off coming :)

Nothing is putting me off, in fact just getting ready now.

Even if I wanted to, the little guy has been looking forward to it all week, so now way will he let me not go.

See you laters.

Nice one Neil,any problems finding it just let me know & i'll lend you my Sat
nav! Just watching a bit more of the F1 then i'll be leaving.

Sorry Ray, just cant get away today, too many other people demanding a bit of my time...

Have a good meet up and take some photos to post up here later.

Was good meet, only 4 cars but the weather stayed good. There will be a delay in posting pics as currently in a service station awaiting International Rescue to come get us. Once again a water hose gives uP on the Z31.

Mr.F - expect a phone call soon. :)

Superb weather and a great crowd,the only cloud on the horizon was Mrs Neil's Z31 on the way home,hope you eventually got home alright? Many thanks to Rachel & Will from Lancaster City Council who made the day possible.I'll post a couple of pictures later when i'm home.

the only cloud on the horizon was Mrs Neil's Z31 on the way home,hope you eventually got home alright? .

All home safe and sound by around 8:30pm.

Had a great day and now got the pics uploaded to the photobucket thingy.

Here's a few teaser shots...

The cars got a lot of attention, hopefully because they are awesome, and not because "cars aren't supposed to be in this area".

many thanks to Lancaster Council for making this possible

PICT0080.jpg

PICT0079.jpg

PICT0075.jpg

PICT0088.jpg

Full album, including some wildlife photography from the butterfly house.

WilliamsonParkLancaster pictures by zxoc - Photobucket

Some of the butterfly pics may appears somewhat blurred.

This is not a reflection of my photography skills, more the fact that the butterfly house was hot and humid, and the damn lens kept steaming up

Glad that you all got home safely Neil,i've not got anything as posh as Photobucket but here's a couple of snaps that i took ;)
Watch this space for the North West pre Christmas Zed bash,details to follow soon.

there you go

9490d1320016305-best-lancashire-autumn-zed-meet-ever-imag0429-jpg

9491d1320016305-best-lancashire-autumn-zed-meet-ever-imag0438-jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Small in numbers maybe, but looked like a good day with the weather and the venue.

Well done Ray sorry I couldn't get there.

Never mind about last Sunday,Neil (Nidge74) is hopefully doing a dry run this coming weekend for the 'Great North West pre Christmas Zed bash' covering some of the best driving roads around Settle.Watch this space and provisionally book either the 20th or 27th November,any suggestions about who can be Father Christmas,lol?

Back