The 2nd Great Lancashire 2011 Tour

ray100

Well-Known Forum User
The 2nd Great Lancashire 2011 Tour kicks off on Sunday 18th September for a day of fun,relaxation and of course driving our Zed's! Hopefully the sun will be shining once again and to top it all off we'll end up at The Grapes Public House in Croston run by our very own Stuart (Chef on here) and Helen.Google's Street View image shows one red 300ZX in their car park,let's see if we can make it at least two dozen!

Meeting up just off the A6 near Garstang at Guys Thatched Hamlet/Owd Nells Tavern http://www.guysthatchedhamlet.com/ (PR3 ORS,01995 640010) about 12.00 noon.It's child friendly and in a lovely location alongside the Garstang/Lancaster canal and well known for a good selection of drinks & bar snacks.The car park on the left hand side of the entrance next to the cricket field would probably be the best place to meet.

Leaving when we're ready we'll head South on the A6 into Preston city centre,taking the A6 South on Ringsway (London Rd) onto London Way then at Bamber Bridge turn right onto A582 towards Farrington Moss and turn left onto the A5253 heading South.At the 'T' junction with the A581 turn right onto Southport Rd which leads onto Highfield Rd which then leads onto Town Rd with The Grapes Public House http://www.the-grapes.co.uk/(PR26 9RA,01772 600225) on the right hand side.
The Grapes is a historic 19th Century pub serving freshly made traditional food which has received numerous recommendations over the years including their famous roast Sunday lunch starting from £8.95.

This itinerary isn't etched in stone so if anyone has any suggestions to make it a day to remember please let me know so that i can amend this thread.Looking forward to meeting all mates (and Zed's) new and old,see you there.

All being will should be able to make this in the 32, and the missus can bring the Z31 and leave the Almera at home for a change. :)

On the same day there is the regular Garstang Autojumble Garstang AutoJumbles on the A586 at St Michael's which is only a 10 minute drive away from Guys Thatched Hamlet/Owd Nells Tavern.Always a good turnout there with traders selling car and bike related items plus burger/coffee/tea wagon on site plus it's also a 4X4 and Land Rover Spares event that day.I'll be there about 10.30am on the lookout for Zed stuff (i live in hope!) before leaving for the Hamlet.

Bump.............................
Just a reminder that it's this Sunday,the Met Office have promised glorious weather so it should be a great day out :D

A great big ''THANKS'' to everyone who made this meet such a great success,7 Zeds at Guys Hamlet then onto Stuart (Chef on here) & Helen's pub in Croston where their hospitality was second to none.Any suggestions about where & when the 3rd Great Lancs Run will take place will be gratefully received!

9396d1316364146-2nd-great-lancashire-2011-tour-imag0330-jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now thats what I call a nice collection of models. Well done for sorting this out guys. I think the weather should have been pretty good. Would loved to have join you but my tour today was to work.

Never mind Martin,maybe you'll be away from the Thames for the next one?

Bring your SatNav next time buddy :p[/quote]
Maybe if the next meet is a track day i won't need a SatNav! Any ideas or suggestions?

Back