Subaru R180 LSD stub axle options | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Subaru R180 LSD stub axle options

Discussion in 'S30 (240Z,260Z,280Z) Drivetrain' started by Woody928, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member

Hi guys,

I've just been lucky enough to track down a Subaru 3.9 AP Suretrac LSD to put in my 240Z and am now looking to get some stub axles which I understand are the only thing I need to bolt it straight in.

Is there any availability in the UK or Europe? Or am I going to have to purchase through the US?

I've seen that Silvermine, Wolfcreekracing and Futofab all sell options at different price points in the US but wasn't sure if there was something more local.

Any advice or help would be gratefully received!

Cheers

2. Fairlineguy

Fairlineguy
    Z Club Member

I purchased my stub axles from the states. You will also have to swop the input flange from your old diff

3. moggy240

moggy240 INSURANCE VALUATIONS OFFICER Committee Member

Yes, just use the one off your old datsun diff

4. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

they don't fit.

5. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

I might have a set of beta motorsports ones going spare..... I'm going to have some custom CV shafts made up I think.

6. moggy240

moggy240 INSURANCE VALUATIONS OFFICER Committee Member

I read it wrong, I thought he was asking about the flange on the end of the diff

7. IbanezDan51

IbanezDan51 Active Forum User

Sean sometimes has some of the guy that makes them in the USA in stock. That’s where I got mine.

8. johnymd

johnymd
    Z Club Member

John Williams is your man. Do a search on facebook. They were $300 I think. He quoted me $635 for 2 sets including shipping to the UK. I'm also interested in a set so maybe order 2 and we split shipping and duty.

9. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member

Thanks for all the responses guys, it sounds like John Williams is going to be my most cost effective solution assuming he's got some in stock.

PM'd.

10. johnymd

johnymd
    Z Club Member

He makes them to order usually although I think he normally has some.

11. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member

He's just confirmed none available at the minute however will be doing another un soon, just trying to find out when.

12. SacCyclone

SacCyclone
    Z Club Member

I have the Subi 3.7 and used Wolf Creek several years ago. From what i Understand FutoFab has now taken over Wolf Creek. I have seen good things posted in the states about John Williams and hard to beat his prices.

13. Fairlineguy

Fairlineguy
    Z Club Member

I purchased my stub axles from Silvermine in December think they where $370
    Then like I said swopped the input flange from the old diff
    Bobs your uncle 3.9 lsd

14. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

What you really want is a 4.11 or 4.44 :)

15. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member

Correct, read the same thing in my research. Futofab state that they've redesigned the process to make them stronger but also have a much stronger price to ask. Glad to hear more positive words about John.

Sounds identical to my plan, just hoping to only pay $300 through John. Hopefully it's going to be a great mod!

Surely that's only great if your staying local and not planning any longer road trip or cruising? Bet it will dash around B roads great though!