Spoiler option

2fast2z

Well-Known Forum User
Hi All
I need to get some kind of front spoiler on my Z, the car isn't steady enough at high way speed, i like to get any advise on witch one to go for and also where to scource one, i like to have one that either is old school or one that blend in nicly.
If anyone have one up for sale, then let me know.

Chris

twoforty

Well-Known Forum User
I'm toying with the idea of fitting my old one back on, I prefer the way it follows the lines of the car. I have a couple of different ones that I may sell. would you like me to post some pictures of them?

2fast2z

Well-Known Forum User
Sean, the car is not lowered, it is a well known problem, maybe only on the US spec version, i don't know, but i know it needs some down force at the front and it doesen't make it better not having the under belly splash pan.

twoforty, please post some photos, you might have something i like.

Thanks
Chris

twoforty

Well-Known Forum User
Spoiler I had, spoiler I have and spoiler I've not tried yet.

I think if yoou could take a little off each you could make something special.

Attachments

• 8thsept3.jpg
    8thsept3.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 57
  • newic.jpg
    newic.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 65
  • PICT0006.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG
    345.2 KB · Views: 71

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
Spoiler I had, spoiler I have and spoiler I've not tried yet.

I think if yoou could take a little off each you could make something special.

Not spoilers again :eek: after 22 years of z ownership still have no idea what to fit, the first pic in twoforty's collection a grp replica of the original chin spoiler is ok as far as looks go, & the one in the 3rd pic is as fitted to the fourways cars, there is another spoiler available that Rahail sent me some pics of it is very similar to the one in the 3rd pic but without the square corners at the bottom in front of the wheels it does look really good. The only other option would be custom make one as fitted to some of the Samuri cars some of them suited the car very well.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Plenty of options :

but I don't have any problems - is it courtesy of suspension set-up ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian Patmore

Well-Known Forum User
2fast2z,
The S30 had a tendancy to feel light at high speeds and this was sorted with fitting a rear spoiler...if yours is a US car, does your car have, or have not a rear spoiler....?

2fast2z

Well-Known Forum User
Ian, no i do not have a rear spoiler and i prefer not having one as i like the car without, reading other forums a front spoiler should also help, can't say what is true since i have no experience.

twoforty, "spoiler you had" don't know what to say, "spoiler you have" really hard to see in the photo, "spoiler you have not tried yet" by looks the best for my taste, looks a little as the Xenon type, even that i haven't seen it installed.
My car has the US front turn signals, so i assume the spoiler have to have the cut outs for those.

I have been looking at the Xenon air dam and the BRE spook, both US options, any experience with those? and is they to come bye in UK?.

Isn't there also a euro type of front spoiler?

Chris

2fast2z

Well-Known Forum User
BTW, i have a new and complete MSA type III body kit, but i have decited to go another route, i might let it be up for sale, if some one is interested let me know.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Lower it an inch and that should sort it,see my gallery,i have the standard look spoiler all in one and my 240 was about an inch lower no rear spoiler or front spoiler,never had a problem with that

2fast2z

Well-Known Forum User
That standard look spoiler also looks great and yes you have a spoiler.
BTW great looking wheels, what kind are those and what size tires is on.

How can one buy a Z in that ugly looking color ?:D
Here is a photo of mine, see the difference at the front ?

Chris

Attachments

• PICT0909.jpg
    PICT0909.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 37

tel240z

Club Member
take a look at zedyone's spoiler in his last thread heres a fourways one on my car just for ideas

Attachments

• 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    425.8 KB · Views: 54

2fast2z

Well-Known Forum User
That spoiler rocks !!!!

Hey, that one looks so greate, who carrys them ?
Please don't make me look at Zedy's car, it is all over CZCC, i just jumped over here to get rid of looking at it :D:D:D
Sorry Zedy, couldn't help it:devil:

Chris

status

Well-Known Forum User
Wheels r by Image with toyo 225-50-16s,the colour on mine is a genuine nissan colour but it has a copper sort of flip on it so in the sun it has a slight change from certain angles

2fast2z

Well-Known Forum User
Wheels r by Image with toyo 225-50-16s,the colour on mine is a genuine nissan colour but it has a copper sort of flip on it so in the sun it has a slight change from certain angles
Don't take it as i tried to offend you, i thought it was the same color as mine, do you run spacers on those wheels, or do they come in the right offset, they have a nice lip.

Chris

2fast2z

Well-Known Forum User
c'mon m8

I have a used Fourways spoiler for sale.
Im not sure I want the aggro of shipping it to Denmark tho:(
Doh, isn't shipping the biggest expence in having a Z !!!, i hope you will reconsider about sending it, somehow it have to be with a trucking company due to price.
If so let me know your asking price.

Chris

2fast2z

Well-Known Forum User
Sean, that car is not lowered, it is slammed.
A little to low for my taste and i will never get out and "up", just thinking about messing with the motor makes my back hurt.

Chris