Seat Mounts

Wes

Well-Known Forum User
I've fitted my nice new floor pans and was moving onto the seat mounts when I wondered do I really need to fit them or can I just bolt the seats to the floorpan?

Do the mounts help structurally in anyway. I was going to put them in similar to pete's rally car but it's going to be a daily driver so not sure if I really need them.

I know the old Lotus Esprits done this so can't be too much of an issue.

If so what's the best way to stop any water coming in.

Wes

Didn't Pete and Steve put in horizontal seat mounts? Pretty sure you'd need some hefty reinforcement underneath if you wanted to bolt through the floorpan. And just how tall are you!

I've fitted my nice new floor pans and was moving onto the seat mounts when I wondered do I really need to fit them or can I just bolt the seats to the floorpan?

Do the mounts help structurally in anyway. I was going to put them in similar to pete's rally car but it's going to be a daily driver so not sure if I really need them.

I know the old Lotus Esprits done this so can't be too much of an issue.

If so what's the best way to stop any water coming in.

Wes

It all depend on how much you value your life in the event of an accident. ;)
A tenners worth of 50x25mm box section and a little bit of welding might save it in the event of an accident. You could then safely bolt thru the box section rather than fiddle about with tabs and captive nuts like we did.
If you arent worth a tenner then bolt them to the floor..............................................:lol:.

Well thats what I thought but was just curious after seeing some bolted directly to the floor on the Lotus,

Off to the steel merchants is it!

Well thats what I thought but was just curious after seeing some bolted directly to the floor on the Lotus,

Off to the steel merchants is it!

Good lad.!!! Nice to see you are still listening!!:D

Back