Seat belt replacement

Kieronpollock

Club Member
I’m looking for suggestions for a good 3 point retractable seat belt for my 240Z UK RHD resto. I bought it as a rolling shell and the seat belt straps and metal buckles are just too far gone to be restored.
Seen a set of classic seat belts from Securicon, will these do or is there a better version to buy?
Many thanks in advance

I’ve been looking at a set of these to replace my static lap and shoulder belts.

https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/securon-retractable-seat-belt-long-stalk-buckle-black

They have the extra running fixing point which would mount to the original C pillar/quarter glass area in my application. The inertia reel would then bolt down to the floor upright behind the seat with a new hole and reinforcing plate. The 300mm long stalks should work well also.

It would look a little like this setup but I’d put my reel in a slightly different position.

2B08171B-7D6E-4B7B-8C4F-CEFB82290C63.png

I have a set of the Securon adjustable style reels in my ‘02 and they work well once the inertia reel is adjusted. In my experience they can be a bit finicky at first until they are dialled in.

Back