SCREW the 250 GTO, I want a Marcos!

Markp.com

Well-Known Forum User
Wow!

Anyone see topgear lastnight? What a stunner that Marcos is! WOW!

How much do they go for then?

marcos_tso_gt2_2.jpg
marcos_tso_gt2_3.jpg

Looks like an S2000 crossed with an DB7.... Mmmmmmmmmmm! :)

Black Bug

Well-Known Forum User
Think they're around 50k, and you have to be of compact build to fit. Disappointing speed specs though, only just under 5 to 60, and top whack of 170, yawn! Gimme a TVR sez I :D

Cheers,
Rob

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
From a price point and similar construction, TVR will be its main rival (although I wouldn't know what exact model).

I'm sure with enough glass fibre, you could make a Z body-kit of one of those :)

friday

Well-Known Forum User
Yup, I love the look of the Marcos but TBH as they said, it's the same price as a Sagaris...and having something of a soft spot for TVR's I'd rather have the Sagaris! Mind you, I'd rather have the Veyron than anything else! :D

Russ

Club Member
I'd have the Veyron of course, but that Marcos looks rubbish imho. Like something a child draws whilst bored.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
The Marcos and Bugatti were great fun but neither as good as the plane! I was quite impressed with James May to be honest and the views were awesome.

Russ

Club Member
James May is class, he's a bit of an idol for me (don't all run). Batchelor (no women trouble), works on Top Gear (laugh and drives lots), into classic British bikes (brilliant if you like drum brakes I suppose) and has a great attitude (all in his own time).

friday

Well-Known Forum User
Russ said:
James May is class, he's a bit of an idol for me (don't all run). Batchelor (no women trouble), works on Top Gear (laugh and drives lots), into classic British bikes (brilliant if you like drum brakes I suppose) and has a great attitude (all in his own time).
Agreed! Clarkson and Hamster are great but it's May that makes it (every good act needs a straight man after all ;)). Case in point, the piece the other week where they each bought a classic Italian sports car for under £10,000...he had me in stitches! Reminded me of my old MGB..."I appear to have run out of electricity again" :D :D :D

Russ

Club Member
James May said:
I appear to have run out of electricity again
LMAO, he said it a couple times something like

James May said:
I had to stop and fill it up with electricity again[

and I also liked

James May said:
The oil pressure doesn't work, the charge indicator doesn't work, the speedo doesn't work, but the time is right[
Or something like that, going to download the episode tonight to watch it again

Markp.com

Well-Known Forum User
zedhead260 said:
From a price point and similar construction, TVR will be its main rival (although I wouldn't know what exact model).

I'm sure with enough glass fibre, you could make a Z body-kit of one of those :)
Hahaha I'd do it, probably on an mx5 base though :)

My big problem is getting the mold correct, as I presume its a mold you use, having not worked with glass fiber before...