samuri special version 260Z 2+2

What does the Spike encyclopedia copies of which were being sold recently state? Has it got this car listed. Surely the extensive database should prove the authenticity? And what's with the dash plaque?

The louvered bonnet looks like one of the very limited run that I got done back in the '80s. One was on my 240Z V8, one on the Clive Standish Rover V8, one on the Paul ("Pud") Downs V8 conversion that was one of Luke's first creations using Chevy V8. The latter car was also a silver 2+2 and was sold, minus V8 and converted back to L6 a year or so ago as a very rotten project car, but still with the bonnet in place...
Circumstantial evidence, but who knows? Not a samuri (SIC) in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pity there's no pic of the dash plaque, so we could verify if it the correct font, etc :(

The louvered bonnet looks like one of the very limited run that I got done back in the '80s. One was on my 240Z V8, one on the Clive Standish Rover V8, one on the Paul ("Pud") Downs V8 conversion that was one of Luke's first creations using Chevy V8. The latter car was also a silver 2+2 and was sold, minus V8 and converted back to L6 a tear or so ago as a very rotten project car, but still with the bonnet in place...
Circumstantial evidence, but who knows? Not a samuri (SIC) in my opinion.

The 260Z 2+2 that has been sitting at the garage/house overlooking Rudyard Lake on the A523 for years has a fully louvred bonnet like that.

Can't see the bonnet, but this Z:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.1...4!1spVMK7uAwqjEH3p_yUd2pwA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I was kinda hoping it would be this one...:rolleyes:

2dwbjs.jpg

Good lord! The thought of four seats scares me. No excuse for those peaceful (!?!) drives without the noise machines behind me.....

Fold the seats down and fit the golf-clubs inside silly....it might take 'em years to realise that it is in fact a 2+2 !

Alright.....sorry (not my 'sport' either, just an indication of what would fit in besides kidlets !

What about a go-fast beer and wine runner to Calais and back ?

Because you don't see all the sleezy 'shops' that I do each time I approach a Channel port this side of the water.

Amazing transformation from the dead, I remember seeing this car and thinking that the wheels and bonnet were worth saving as the rest looked too far gone!! it had been sat under a taurpaulin in the original owners drive for years and was showing signs of serious corrosion.

If the restoration is good then no problem but will need proper checking over if your thinking of a purchase.

Back