Sales and Wanted Section

AndyMinto

Inactive
I don't think the changes made here are an improvement. In fact I think finding things is a lot harder. Any views forum?

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
i agree ,i think it is a step backwards.i am sure when i used it before (classified section) it did not work the same as the rest of the forum .ie emails to say if you had a reply to your advert unless you checked it all the time .

Last edited by a moderator:

Wyn

Club Member
I agree, I dont like it. :(
Isn't so obvious for new posts n the setting won't stay in the order I set it to either.
confused2.gif

imho bring back the ol system
pray.gif

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
In fact, I don't think it gives us the same exposure as before, I really don't like it guys (and gal) !

rhanagar

Well-Known Forum User
Have to admit that I aggree with the general populace here. Placed an ad and found the entire thing clumsy. Much prefered the old system. Sorry if a lot of effort went into it, but can it be changed back again please.

Russ

Club Member
Well there are still some improvements to come... it's not finished yet. Although I am taking all this on board.

Firstly for some reason it doesn't sort things in the correct order when you get into sections.

Secondly it doesn't default to sending you e-mails when someone posts a reply (you can enable this if you view your ad).

Thing's are getting on the front page, however I need to sort that. I am trying to think of ways to give adverts more exposure, but that will take more time.

The thing about the new system is all the adverts also make to to the postal mail shot, 3/4 of Z club members currently do not use the site, this way your adverts will reach them if they request a print out (something that DOES happen).

Sean: I've no idea where you go the idea of charging for adverts from.

Please keep the feedback coming, but give it a chance as well. Rome, a day, and all that :)

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
The main purpose of this change is to keep all the adverts in one place to enable a print off for non-website member requests.

It still has the "discussion element" to each advert, same as the forum.

Thanks for the comments, I'll liaise with Russ to see how we can develop this further - a "new posts" button for adverts perhaps ?

Sean, we will only be charging for your adverts ;) :p

:) :) :)

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
it's because your all old and cant work a pc ....:p ....no probs here i think its much better but then i like to be different:D

Wyn

Club Member
Its used on that other well know Hybrid site, n it's just as naff there :(
..... and it works on that one aswell :rolleyes:

adrianfr

Well-Known Forum User
I placed an ad yesterday and it wouldnt upload the pics, is there a reason for that or did I do something wrong? Adrian

Russ

Club Member
The classifieds is basically a cut down version of the gallery, it works exactly the same really, just some different input boxes.

If you have a problem I need to know exactly what message you got, or can you send me some screen shots where it went wrong. Otherwise I cannot help at all I'm afraid :(

Zbirdy

Well-Known Forum User
Devilpaint said:
you're

perhaps, but we can spell & use punctuation.

i cant even find the for sale section anymore........
:D Classic:D

and im young and I cant spel.

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
Zbirdy said:
:D Classic:D

and im young and I cant spel.

cor blimey don, you was leaving 5 minutes ago, changed your mind fast again.
anyway, welcome back to the club!:D

ps. sorry about the poor punctuation and [poor spelling but hey thats me...:p

Russ

Club Member
Back to the topic,

Last night I changed the order that adverts are displayed in, and the images on the right of the front page now only show products with images. I'll try to get it to default to sending you e-mails as well tonight.

I just added a "latest 10" to the top of the front page, be it for sale or wanteds. This should make it more obvious. It's pretty ugly at the moment and needs work but maybe that'll help? Or is it too much?

I was thinking of replacing the FOR SALE: and WANTED: with nice little logos? Do you want me to display the price with it as well? I have added the views each item has had to highlight popular ones.

Anyway trying to make it more useful for you, if you can come up with any suggestions please let me know. Have some more things I need to do for Rob first but will crack on with them soon as poss.

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
The latest 12 ads which appear when you go to the classified section don't specify if they're For Sale or Wanted ads.
Would it be possible for it to say which?
Cheerz,
JEZ