RHD '76 260z on ebay

johnymd

Club Member
I spotted that and yes, it does look like a bargain based on what other 260's have sold for on ebay. Finding a UK car with no filler or repairs is not easy so this could be a great buy for someone.

I bumped into someone this morning while out in the orange 260 and he mentioned seeing a 240 last week in someone's garage. He is the guy that used to weld up my old JDJ616N so knows a bit about them. He said it was an immaculate pristine original car that the 90 year old had owned for years. He tried to buy it but the owner couldn't be convinced to sell. Its sitting under a dust sheet in a dry garage only 6 miles from my house and its never driven. What a shame.

Stockdale

Club Member
So it's a 260z but with a 280zx & running gear (so not a 260z?). The car is 'rot free' but there are a few areas of 'surface rust' beginning to creep back. Doesn't want close up photo's. Been modified? Very many careless spelling's in the ad! Well !! :unsure:

johnymd

Club Member
I didn't want to point out those things, apart from the engine/box which I think is OK, for fear of people saying I'm running down RHD cars.

Its very difficult to say a car is rot free. Especially as it has a lot of work done to remove rot in the past and also say NO filler.

Despite this I still think its worth a look and could be a good car.