results from Z Club Questionnarie 2005

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
THE Z CLUB QUESTIONNARIE 2005

Here is a summary of the results to Steve Kiddells questionnaire, I am passing the database onto him now, so any questions please put Steves way:rolleyes:

Total response = 107 (approx. 23% of membership based on Jan membership figures of 469)

Do you have PC?
YES = 90
NO = 17

Do you have e-mail?
YES = 88
NO = 19

Are you aware of
www.zclub.net
YES = 97
NO = 10

How frequent do you use z club web site
DAILY = 25
WEEKLY = 20
MONTHLY = 45
LESS OFTEN THAN MONTHLY = 16
NEVER = 8

Should the club retain the magazine?
YES = 100
NO = 6

Should the frequency change
YES = 21 of which 18 said more often
NO = 77

Should the format change
YES = 27 of which 16 said only if necessary due to lack of funds, (booklet suggested = 6)
NO = 71

Would you be member if club unable to fund magazine
YES = 74
NO = 26

Should club attend/fund more events
YES = 33
NO = 42
9 suggested fewer events if this would mean keeping the magazine

Communication from the club satisfactory
YES = 97
NO = 5

Is the club value for money?
YES = 98
NO = 7

NB not all the figures add up to the total number of people that returned their forms (107) as not everyone answered every question

I think there was even a stamp on it?? Nevertheless, bl:mad::mad:dy lazy lot!;)

Well 23% is not a good yard stick to go by unless our intention was to distinguish between the proactive and those that don't really care.

I posted mine back 2 days after getting it through my mail slot,,,but am not patting myself on the back for it,,,,could have just as easily tossed it in the bin at the time. :eek: DONT SHOOT ME ! :D At the time (and now) I'm un-employed and facing losing my home and what ever else I have ! My point is this;
- If your a member who can spare the time and energy then go for it !
- If you can't, then keep active on the site and contribute as much as you can !
- but above all else please try to remember that there's lots of us out here who have more pressing commitments, I would imagine that the percentage returned is not at all bad when the basics are considered.
Please note ,,I'm not on a sympathy trip here,,got an interview tommorow and may well be extremely well off in 3 months time and be able attend every Z-Club meet in the UK ! Just kinda upset at the tone of things is all.
ContriteWally. :Z31:

hey wally

sorry to hear you bad news if you want a chat give me a bell on 0208 575 0582
hope your inteview goes well tommorrow
theres always light at the end of the tunnel and I hope it shines on you tommorrow good luck

to me a 23% responce of the membership is a very good responce if we can manage to get that we have done well
a normal guidline of car clubs or most other clubs is a 10% reponce and anything over 15%s a success hard fact of life

well done to all the members who responded

I agree there are more important things in life then a questionaire for the Z Club.. who wouldnt.

Sorry if my Tone was out of line, but it took me under one minute to fill in, Steve Skiddel paid for this questionnaire out of his own pocket and it's a shame the response wasnt greater.

Will have my fingers crossed for you for the interview mate. Hope all goes well.

Cheers for the ray of light Mr Burns ! :) Much appreciated. I did think that 23% was quite a good figure really. I was in a ceo position with a hospital in Canada before moving to the UK and I distinctly remember sending an RIL (response indicated letter) to every patient who came through the doors in a one month period. This was about 35,000 people,,,,response was about 16 % and considered fantastic by current guidelines.:eek: Go figure , but like i said earlier , some times people don't have either the time or the energy !
Sad but true ! :Z31:

I think 23% is reasonable. Apathy rules in all clubs unfortunately.

The good news is the majority answered the same as me :)

Good luck Wally - I had the same unfortunate events of losing a job eighteen months ago and haven't looked back since, more family time, more money, less stress.

Good people always get through - good luck in your interview, chin up, show us what a canuck can really do !!!!

This is b***cks, im sorry, but i run two business's, have 4 children, 2 at school, one leaving primary to go to grammer, 1 of 8yrs, one 17yr old who is bloody hard work, one 20yr old Mmm still hard work. 1 Wife, bless her. Hundreds of pets, a father with a shrinking brain disorder, (im next). a mother who is probably quite pleased, and I filled in my little flyer same day and popped it back in the post, whats the problem!!! took about 5 mins max.
Our Canadian friend sounds like he has his hands tied too, and yet he managed it.

Where are the manners today, is it not common courtesy anymore to reply, why join a club in the first place if you have no damned interest,

UNBELIEVABLE.

What is equally as annoying, is that if this club were to fold tommorow, you bet your bottom dollar that it would be the other 77% that moaned and groaned about how they had been treated or abused.
I understand what some of you chaps are saying, "typical club apathy" etc, but thats no reason to accept or condone it with a "Well thats life" point of view.
Im not sure if there is much anyone can do about it either, you cant force anyones hand can you. just beats me why they join.
Don.

Obviously too complicated

The funny side of this was that on the questionnaire it was clearly marked where it should be sent back too (Suzy) and yet I have received 10 back in the post 3 by email (scanned in) of those 10, 3 were sent back intact and i.e. not just the bottom question section, go figure ehh

Still we have some wonderful data to play with and at nearly 120 replies in total that still is better than anything we have to date.

Well I guess that can be classed as an acheivment then Steve, i must be living in cloud cuckoo then,
i thought MOST members would return them, not so.
Don.

When i recieved my questionaire i thought i'll fill that in later and send it off tomorrow
but of course i duly forgot and said piece of paper was buried under other post
as tends to happen in my house.
However most people also have an e-mail address and i personally check mine
several times a day, perhaps it would of helped if the questionaire was e-mailed aswell
to cover both bases
assuming of course u didnt delete it straight away :unsure: but left it sitting in your inbox
to remind u every time u checked your mail :)
I appreciate there are many non internet users in the club but snail mail should be used to
compliment e-mail and vice versa in a situation like this.

Anthony :)

Maybe in future a questionnaire could be sent with membership renewal notices? Or an on-line questionaire for those renewing from the club web site.

How about a questionaire thats asks; Would you be happy to fill in and return a questionaire.
Don.

Good one Z Birdy ! :D Gotta try that one,,might get the point across? ( you never know ) people make £HUGE trying to figure out the human condition and then sell them stuff. Must be easier to just get them to write a few short answers !! :confused: :D
Short post script; GOT IT !
just gotta survive till Oct ! :) I know it's off topic , but just wanted to thank everybody for the support & encouragement, it meant more than you realize.
Overthemoonwally!
:Z31:

Well done! you all deserve a pat on the back, I attend and support as many club meets as I can, I visit this site almost every day, I used to post as much input into discussion and debates but got fed up of seeing no response for days, though Ive been a member of the Z Club for 4 years and a member of 300zx.co.uk for only 7 months I have been discribed as a cross over member from 300zx.co.uk (god knows how I tried to belong in my early membership days), I mentioned that I may be able to help save money towards the magazine publication but have never had a reply? Oh by the way I was in hospital during the time I would have been filling the form in.

There seems to be this sweeping opinion about members who did not fill it in? may be the effort should have been put into making members feel like they belong?

300zx meet: every body introduces them selves to each other...

Z Club meet: if you dont introduce yourself most people ignore you...

OK, drunken rant over..I know what I mean even if it doesnt come across right :unsure:

Back