Replies Not expecting many

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Now this should be informative, I don't think
why don't more people post on this forum?
We think we are the best Z Club in the UK
Are we sitting on our Laurels?
Are we living in the past club wise?
Are we getting stale in our outlook?
Why are there less viewers and posters here than on either the 350 or 300 forums?
Go on surprise me with the flood of responses and I bet I know who will and wont post a reply

Wyn

Club Member
STEVE BURNS said:
Are we sitting in our Laurels?
Not me, I’m just sitting in my Z
lol.gif

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
because I've not responded to a pm does that give over 1370issh out of the 1420ish registered users of the forum an excuse not helping in keeping the z club at the top of the uk clubs.
I don't think so :eek:
george at least you posted thanks

neil300zx

Well-Known Forum User
Hi

Imo bearing in mind i only joined in April 2004 so i dont know what the club was like prior to that, when i joined there was only 10-15 posts per day but now when ever i check my pc on a daily basis there are at least 25-30 new posts every day, some days its been in the 60's. I dont use other forums as i find this one very good the people are freindly and helpfull. The new web site is great its clear concise what more do we need. out of the 2000 or so members you have the majority of them will only use the web site for information, say 20% will use everyday for fun, chat and info lets say the other 15%are people like yourself steve that are 100% dedicated to the club

Regards

Russ

Club Member
I'd be interested to know how to improve things, we get quite a few lurkers around here, why aren't they posting?

Mr.F

Inactive
The other forums you mention are chock full of relatively inane banter which have little, if anything, to do with the cars concerned. I, for one, would be driven away by a high post count of irrelevant material - keep the quality: post numbers are not everything!

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Mr. Mike Feeney.
Your interest's in the Forum are buisness related,as you are a
trader, & You get free exposure & free publicity from this 'top Forum'.
Your buisness sense's are finely tuned & you make a lot of money
selling auto-part's. You also post to attract member's & non-member's to track
related event's etc.
Don't be 'Selfish' or 'fuddy duddy' as you too were a previous 'top
poster' (Do I sense begrudement? Poor loser Mr.F?).
I own A Z, & I too am entitled to post in my own way, I have had
Z's since they came off the production line & I dont tend to talk about printed
technical information as you do that quite well.
I love Z's,& I love the club, & I have heard the word 'Inane" before
on the Forum. I've met you a few times & realise you lack in the 'Humour'
dept,but we all cant have the same personalitie's, 'GOM' is a term which is
familiar also as the word 'inane', so don't be a 'Boring old git' & Don't have an
indirect dig at me,as you have done above in your post.
Say it to my face DJZ 60.:eek:

neil300zx

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Dj

just read your respnse to the thread replies not expecting many, i didnt get the impression from the post of Mr f that he was having a dig at you . Have i mis-read your post or have i missed something completely :unsure:

Regards

Wyn

Club Member
STEVE BURNS said:
Why are there less viewers and posters here than on either the 350 or 300 forums?
Could it be that there are less of the older Z’s left to talk about?

Could it also be that most older Z’s are also owned by older people?

Not a young mans car?

Not very enthusiastic?

Cup of tea and a pipe n all that lol

Rather go to bed :D

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,Neil.
I sick & fed up with comment's like inane & post count's etc,I've had that in the past & I had had enough! I am easy going, spend good money & I feel
the message coming across from Mr.F is aimed at 'DJZ 60'.
Those that know me,know I am happy go lucky & that I would do any
thing for anybody.I have an account with Mr.F & have purchased load's off him.
He is a pleasant likeable bloke but he is having a dig at me.
The answer to your question is:
:mad: There's smoke when I'm poked!..........................DJZ 60.

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Inane,Insane Or whatever you term my idiom's & idiosyncrasie's, I am fully
fledged Z Club member who appreciate's every single input on this Forum,Had I
wanted to,I could "dig" at some of the really boring Technical thread's & post's,
One's that would put 'Brunel' to sleep,had he read them.
Why,on the pretence of moving on with time do some take advantage of
this website only to carry on in an old fashion way?.
If this Forum,simply consisted of Mr.F's type of input & also, Pure
Technical post requesition's,Than I would be more interested in reading a
telephone directory.
A great deal of effort's are made,behind the scene's on this Forum & I
personally go out of my way,to ensure that the future is positive & bright for
all Z Club Member's.those,that know me will vouch for that.
My gain,from this Forum is not monetary ,I gain Friendship,knowledge
a sense of belonging, A well of Z picture's & History & also a bellyful of laugh's.
DJZ 60.:cool:

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
DJZ...You have just posted three replies about yourself!:p....let's keep this on topic...no personal attacks please!
Mr F was talking about other forums such as the 300zx site, where a lot of the posts are general chit chat!As we now have a chat room, then this shouldn't become a "problem" here!
SteveB seems obsessed with post counts and traffic sometimes!;)...Actually if you have a look at some other car forums, it tends to be a hardcore of regular posters who make up the majority of the threads.
Perhaps it's time to whittle down the list of registered users, who have never posted ....some of which may have re-registered under different names since.
I bet we have all registered on a forum at some time and then never returned!
Cheerz,
JEZ
p.s. I see that on the 3000GT/GTO site the average age is 36 and their site is quieter than ours!..On the 300ZX site it's about 30!....I bet our average age is higher on this site!;)

Last edited by a moderator:

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
steve, the answer is more fighting and laughing......lol.

right you've had the laugh now who wants a fight?:D

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Mr.F said:
The other forums you mention are chock full of relatively inane banter which have little, if anything, to do with the cars concerned. I, for one, would be driven away by a high post count of irrelevant material - keep the quality: post numbers are not everything!

just had a look in at the 300zx forum and they have 31 new post and if this is chock full of inane banter I’m looking at the wrong place they normally get their split between the two right

1..obBattery in 300ZX help and advise section

2..December meet in South East section

3..Rear Diff in 300ZX help and advise section

4..Grey Z on A644 in Was it you? section

5..Rear 3 point seat belts in Items Wanted section

6..Jap TT auto box in Items for Sale section

7..Viscious fan couplings in Items for Sale section

8..First Scottish 300Zx meeting in Scotland section

9..18 inch chrome Alloys in Items for Sale section

10.My new SWB TT manual Zed in General Section

11.Picture of the Damage in General Section

12.J spec mirror in Items for Sale section

13. new SWB Z for xmas in General Section

14.Navy Zed in Was it you? Section

15. I’ve paid in Membership Section

and sixteen further posts all zed related and I know this is an exception but every single post is Z or club related

900ss said:
Could it be that there are less of the older Z’s left to talk about?

Could it also be that most older Z’s are also owned by older people?

Not a young mans car?

Not very enthusiastic?

Cup of tea and a pipe n all that lol

Rather go to bed

Thought this club was meant to cater for all the Z/ZXs not just the earlier ones

JEZ300Z said:
JEZ300Z said:
DJZ...You have just posted three replies about yourself! ....let's keep this on topic...no personal attacks please!

Mr F was talking about other forums such as the 300zx site, where a lot of the posts are general chit chat!As we now have a chat room, then this shouldn't become a "problem" here!

SteveB seems obsessed with post counts and traffic sometimes! ...Actually if you have a look at some other car forums, it tends to be a hardcore of regular posters who make up the majority of the threads.

Perhaps it's time to whittle down the list of registered users, who have never posted ....some of which may have re-registered under different names since.

I bet we have all registered on a forum at some time and then never returned!

Cheerz,

JEZ

p.s. I see that on the 3000GT/GTO site the average age is 36 and their site is quieter than ours!..On the 300ZX site it's about 30!....I bet our average age is higher on this site!

Agreed lets keep it on topic

Regarding the 300 forum being chit chat based see reply to mikes post earlier in this post

With regards to my alleged post counts and traffic my view is if we only get 200ish different viewers a month (fact from the admin stats) not posters but viewers we are not doing very well and if we are not attracting Z Owners to view our website we are failing badly and this is also reflected in the dropping membership numbers 65 drop in the last year that adds up to a £1750 drop in revenue IE half the cost of one magazine

Lets forget about what we think about other forums and lets look at what they are doing to attract Z owners that we are not

We are a bit like the Toyota Enthusiast club with regards membership as they have lost almost 200 members in the last year the saving grace that we have is that unlike them we have a website in place already and have moved in someway to keep up with the times

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
grolls said:
steve, the answer is more fighting and laughing......lol.

right you've had the laugh now who wants a fight?:D
being honest you are right it is catch 22 the most viewed and posted on threads are the ones were there is the ones were people disagree with each other
it seems once a thread has a few replies others start looking in and then a couple of them get drawn into the thread and once they have posted a couple of times they seem to start posting in other threads