Remarkable Original 240Z For Sale

Ross Scott

Roscoe
Hi Folks,

we have been a bit quiet of late but here is a taste of what Samuri Motor Company has planned: -

https://www.samurimotorcompany.com/240z

This car has to be seen to be believed and whilst you may baulk at the price, what price can you put on total originality, not restored, not repaired just plain old original immaculate condition. It is also a lot cheaper than our 918 Spyder.

Enjoy!

Ross.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Yes a remarkable car at a remarkable price in the UK for a LHD, Auto, US spec car with flat-top carbs.

I do realise that a RHD, manual conversion would not be appropriate for this car but the market must be very very limited.

uk66fastback

Club Member
I've no doubt this car is a fantastic example and indeed I remember it being on BaT in 2015 (and what it sold for) ... but wonder how you arrived at the price it is advertised at!?

Is it literally just plucking a figure out of the air? I can't work out what other method was used! :)

Pete

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Folks,

we have been a bit quiet of late but here is a taste of what Samuri Motor Company has planned: -

https://www.samurimotorcompany.com/240z

This car has to be seen to be believed and whilst you may baulk at the price, what price can you put on total originality, not restored, not repaired just plain old original immaculate condition. It is also a lot cheaper than our 918 Spyder.

Enjoy!

Ross.

By the reaction not 58 grand. The red interior is my favourite though.

Last edited:

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
It would be great if it did sell for £58k. The car is very nice and original so maybe?
I do find the ad copywriting much more distressing than the price.

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
This car sold for $29.5k on BAT in May 2015 at prevailing exchange rate of $1.52/£1 = £ 19,407.
Add a couple of £k for shipping and import VAT, a bit of fettling etc let's say £ 22k all in. And this was not a chance bargain from the little old lady owner down the street, it was on BAT for all the world to see and bid on so a realistic sale price was achieved.

£22k to £58k - wow, that's some inflation.
The market has moved upwards since 2015 but certainly not by the 263% increase that asking price represents !

Some may say 'great' others being more cynical may say 'greedy'.

I guess if you’re new to the market you might think it’s worth over £58k.

I also remember it on BAT.

I guess it’s lack of knowledge/greed.

It’s not good for the marque either.

Great interior.

This and the 918 both ‘physical’ stock?

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
This never has or never will appeal to someone like myself who builds cars to use them, but I'm lost for words :rolleyes:

Hmmmm, the price of orginiality or just lazy and dreaming, thinking of the mahusive profit margin....

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
If it's priced too high it wont sell full stop no-one hurt.

If it sells then someone has a lot of money so they will still be able to put 'bread on the table'.

Last edited:

Robbie J

Club Member
this will please Hallie he has a very original early 240z car with an LHD auto box. Perhaps he should keep it this way instead of making in RHD with a manual gearbox and drive the car in the UK......

When I was a kid our uncle would put plastic shiny covering on the seats so it would look new when he sold the car. For years we slide about the on those seats, either too hot or too cold, its a car to be used not kept super low mileage

it sounds like this car is heading to be a garage queen, same reason I will be selling the Porsche I put miles on it I lose thousands hence its going