Quiet Roads

Mr Ex

Inactive
Why can't our roads be as quiet as the ones in NZ?

Attachments

• road1.JPG
    road1.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 11
  • road2.JPG
    road2.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
Well put. Also for the restrictive nanny state that we are, the only quiet roads I'd advise and use myself are in Scotland as there are many hundreds of miles of scenic, relatively quiet, smooth, gatso free tarmac that as long as your sensible on can be a great return to driving. Shame that so many dicks have ruined the over all joy of driving for pleasure.

Amazing place to Visit, I drove for 6 hours one evening and past 3 cars. Only about 3 million people there compared to 60 million :)

I drove from Mt Cook to Christchurch late one summer evening no cars around just the open road! I was wishing I had a GT3 then, it would have been an epic drive, shame I was in a Holden. Tasmania not bad either:driving:

Isle of Man, as a suggestion, the mountain road that they seem to use quite a bit on Top Gear. Never been but de-restrited I believe in places and looks like it could be fun....will put on my to do list...!

Well at least you don't have to stop for sheep on the main roads over here.

Was on bus tour of the north island, heading north on the main rod of the island and we had to stopo to let the sheep cross the road. Not sure you would get away with that on, say, the A1.

Is a great place to go to unwind, just a shame its a 24hr plane journey.

Darrell

Is this a political question ? Would say its because the uk is only a small country & there are far too many people in it !!!!

In other words "It's been ruined" & NZ only want people that work, What a freezing dump we live in.:(

I was more talking about ones of the main roads in the country rather than a lane in the country side.

It did seem to take a long time to get anywhere though.

Darrell

Scotland is still my personal fave, going to Isle of man next year for the TT on the Blade so will report on the roads then ;)

Yes you can drive on a lot of roads through the South Island and hardly see a car, on roads made for zeds, and never be out of sight of the snow capped alps, but where I live in Auckland in the north,the roads are clogged with traffic.
But in saying that ,I can drive 15 minutes and be in the countryside,and miles of twisties, and seeing sheep actually on the roads would be very rare,unless one was way in the back country farming areas,and then very doubtfull if you would see any on the roads.:driving:.

Back