Question for Albrecht

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
So Mr Z oracle why did we get these ridiculous front indicators when all others got the slick under bumper ones !?

They look like spectacles on a Z!!!

Did Japan get them too ?

d2485778a1ccba4d3e6b7e7fa72905b1.jpg

So is this an "Ali and Albrecht" section of the forum or can mere mortals answer.???:unsure:

I will not answer the question given that it's directed specifically to Albrecht but got to say that's a lovely picture^^ of the wider Nissan family. The s30 wouldn't be my first or even second choice !!

BTW anyone know what the dark green car is? 4th from left...

Sorry chaps! I really appreciate advice from any and all so please comment!!

I just thought the why we got these more than others might have been one of those Japan secrets that Mr A would know.

Not sure Mr Datsfun, but isn't it a Skyline? It was from a zregister post on my Facebook feed.

UK minimum height regulations for indicators...

Better (?) to have started a thread about domestic and export local regulations and how these have affected the finished product....the UK (and euro) market was so tiny and insignificant in the big scheme of things.

Thanks Sean! So was it just UK then that had that min height regs?

They just look like such an after thought on our cars!!

BTW anyone know what the dark green car is? 4th from left...
The green car is a Datsun 230 "Cedric"

Thanks Sean! So was it just UK then that had that min height regs?

They just look like such an after thought on our cars!!

Didn't see them on any other export-market cars or JDM.

Afterthought is one word - no ?

Like bonnet badges then.....:D

Looking at the rearwards slope of the rear 1/4 window it looks like a C130 coupe

The C130 "Butaketsu" Laurel coupe is the one on the right. Dark green at the back is a C230 Cedric.

Lots of cool in that picture - Butaketsu, Kenmeri, Yonmeri,..

Pity those cars are pretty much non-existent in this country. There was a C130 on eBay a while back though. Otherwise, you have to "go to the source" for that sort of thing.

Looking at the rearwards slope of the rear 1/4 window it looks like a C130 coupe

Disagree. Compare the front grill with the c130 coupe that is parked next to it..

I reckon its a 230 series cedric

BTW, is this picture from a UK dealer's forecourt ? Very unlikely as c110 coupe's were not officially imported yet the s30 is UK spec with those front indicators :confused:

BTW, is this picture from a UK dealer's forecourt ? Very unlikely as c110 coupe's were not officially imported yet the s30 is UK spec with those front indicators :confused:
Who said that the 240Z (and others behind) being LHD were 'UK spec' ?

It's not a UK dealer. All the cars in the photo are LHD.

Other 'European' markets than UK got the indicator relocation too. As has been pointed out, Nissan got caught out by new European lighting regulations and had to do a quick re-jig for some markets.

Here's a scan of one of the UK market brochures for the 240Z. Lazy Datsun UK Concessionaires used a set of Dutch market photos...

Attachments

• UK-market-brochure-72-p1.jpg
    UK-market-brochure-72-p1.jpg
    403.7 KB · Views: 72
So what do the regulations say on converting to the under-bumper versions? Is it permitted?

Well, a considerable number of us are running around in cars with the under bumper indicators (being original equipment on US and JDM cars, and far nicer than the UK/Euro jobbies), so if it isn't permitted, we're all in trouble! I doubt anyone has ever been pulled up on this, thus I wouldn't worry about it.

I think that unless your driving like an idiot then you could get away with a lot of things on a 240z. I have only ever been pulled over by the police once in a 240z. It was back in the late 80's and I was driving the car home from being painted. The car had no lights, indicators, glass or number plates and the doors were held shut with a bungie between them. They pulled me over just to look at the car and let me go on my way.

I think that unless your driving like an idiot then you could get away with a lot of things on a 240z. I have only ever been pulled over by the police once in a 240z. It was back in the late 80's and I was driving the car home from being painted. The car had no lights, indicators, glass or number plates and the doors were held shut with a bungie between them. They pulled me over just to look at the car and let me go on my way.

Excellent! :bow:

:rofl:

I've noticed some uk indicators hanging below the bumpers and some on top ,
does it depend on which model and year of s30 it is?
Or have some people put there bumpers on the wrong way around?
Mine hang below on my early 260z.

Back