Quandry ???

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
So I have this 1970 240Z from the States, it owes me £ ? and I'd like to get something back from it but I know I'll never get back what it cost me.

Do I hold out until someone wants a shell, do I strip it and sell it off part by part.....help, what do you guys think ?

Are there other alternatives ?

Sean, sell off all of the standard parts leaving you with just the shell and use the money you got from the sales to build a race car, like your yellow one but more aggressive and stripped out.......

Would be a fun project :D

Nice idea but I've not the money so....either the car gets parted out (ie cut up) or it goes to a better home than I can offer. The car cost me £2600 and I'll settle for a lot less !

I'd like to buy a pukka roll-cage and extinguisher system with the proceeds so I can enjoy the yellow on the track (competition licence already applied for) !

Remember, this is chassis no. HLS30 - 004944 (May 1970), now someone might be interested, even if only to have the chassis no. ;)

SeanDezart said:
either the car gets parted out (ie cut up) or it goes to a better home than I can offer.

Is it full of holes? I find it rather strange for a lover of the marque and yet willing to get the grinder out to a good one.:confused:

There are some holes but it is VERY saveable ! If you find it strange - it is regrettable - I would love to do what ZHead suggested but there is another one on the way (baby I mean), I have my 240, I want to restore Cathys' 280ZX 2 seater, we need a replacement family car.....etc...etc ! Reality says that I should let it go, in one piece or several :) !

Thanks Sean,

A couple of quick questions

Does it have and engine and does it run?

How bad is the rear damage? Just bumper? Bumper and rear panel? Bumper, rear panel and boot floor?

Where did it come from in the US?Any significant rust?

Is the dash et-al plastic rubber components cracked up?

4 speed car I take it?

Cheers,

zeeman1972 said:
Does it have and engine and does it run?

How bad is the rear damage? Just bumper? Bumper and rear panel? Bumper, rear panel and boot floor?

Where did it come from in the US?Any significant rust?

Is the dash et-al plastic rubber components cracked up?

4 speed car I take it?

Engine and gearbox gone, was a four-speed (straight shift lever) and was an E31 head on an E31 block.

The rear damage is the rear panel and bumper. It came from South Carolina but I don't know if it spent all it's life there. The dash is cracked, I could include a full plastic replacement cover, the centre console is ok though.

Looks to me as if she had a front shunt at some time - the front chassic rails will need replacing and the RH side panel to which is fixed the bonnet raising mechanism is untidy.

More photos to come :

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know about lightweight - maybe The Count would disagree but make your own minds up :

Let no-one say that I hide the truth :) Indeed, the rear floor has been touched by the mild, rear shunt !

SeanDezart said:
Don't know about lightweight - maybe The Count would disagree but make your own minds up :

Yes, I disagree.

The only true 'lightweight' bodyshell in the S30-series Z range was that of the PZR.

Back