Problems with the site? (Login/out, loading chat)

Russ

Club Member
Hi,

From time to time people report problems with the site, either they can't stay logged in or cannot log out. Sometimes they have problems loading the chat room. Here's what might help.

If you have problems with logins

Please visit www.zclub.net/forum/mycookies.php , tick all the boxes and submit!

This will log you out, don't worry if there are still a couple options left once you submit, this is normal.

If you have problems loading chat or other strange page loading problems

Tools -> Internet Options -> Delete Files and OK that.

Your computer will cache files as it browses the net, this stops it having to download the same thing over and over (for example the logo for this site). This removes ALL of the cached files, for other sites as well. This won't do any harm but it will mean the first time you visit a page might be a little slower than usual.

Hope this helps!

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Russ,
I can not log in to the Z club website ( I am doing it now,cause I
could'nt then) DJZ 60.:confused:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I haven't been able to log in since the quiz night ! Russ has ***ed it I think to silence direct and instant criticism ! Or was it Keith ?

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Just a reminder to users that the place for banter and larkums is in the "anything and everything" and "soapbox" sections of the forum and this section is for comments and problems with the website :cool:

I think the chatroom got closed down during a previous dispute and a certain user who was banned was still able to access use of it Russ was trying to restrict banned users from using it

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Well my problem Mr Burns is that I can't access the chat section and I've paid my membership fee ! Give me chat !

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
sean
do you think the comment re keeping on topic was directed at you first post?
No
was the content of your first post on topic?
Yes
has a answer been given?
Yes
so why the sarcastic remarks in your second post.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Sweetie, I saw 'users', ie plural !

Isn't the ban over now anyway ? Why should we all suffer for one person ?

And I like directing sarcastic comments at you and won't stop until you give me a big girly wet kiss where I've hair !

Russ

Club Member
Ahh yes that's why I broke it, I remember now.

I will see what I can do tonight, sorry lads.

completewally

Well-Known Forum User
Huh ?

Sorry guys & gals,,,I don't get it . I just asked why chat wasn't working, mind you I did it in my usual inane manner, but sheesh ! If this is something I have no knowledge of then fair enough, I didn't mean to open up a can of worms. :mad:

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Thank you Russ,
Reliable & competantly doing a vauable service for The Z Club.
Strange but true! when the 'Chat' room existed,not many used it! ,& now its been
removed There's moan'z & drone'zzzz DJZ 60.:rolleyes:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I logged in 15 mins ago, looked on the home page and there was no 'message' saying that I was in - if the 'message' aint working, no-one will know if someone's in chat !

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Well spotted,Sean.
If the delay on When Ones in & when ones gone out is sorted it would be a good thing. Often people see someone in there,only to go in & find its empty!
So the 'Chat' user-in lights need to go in & out along with the user.
DJZ 60.:rolleyes:

Russ

Club Member
Yep, I'm fixing the list of whos in chat at the moment, it got to 12:15 last night and I had only done the chat room, 12:30 and I had to go to watch

Day of the Dead

Day_of_the_Dead-1.jpg

Classic, only the American military try to kill zombies by sprayings their bodies with bullets, don't they know it has to be a head shot!?

Anyway that was more important :)

completewally

Well-Known Forum User
Russ !

Hi Guy ! Most trusted and overworked web bodger :D I logged into chat this eve and just missed our most loved Mr Burns,,,trouble is i then logged out after hangin for 10 mins and now it won't let me back in cus it says i'm still there??? Asks me for my username and password and i have no freekin clue as to password! LOL
:D :D I know your overworked so no rush mate,,,just thought id let you know.
P.S. how do you tell who's in chat etc?

Russ

Club Member
The way it works is when you close the chat window a pop up arrives to log you out, most people have pop up blockers and that breaks it. If you have a pop up blocker please make anything from zclub.net acceptable :)

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
I have just sent instruction,to a chap in chedder,hoping to get him back on
to the Z Club Website, It worked for Myself & Chunk & I'm not sure if my
power'z will reach theSouth-east area. The chap(Peter) is on Bt Broadband,
whereas Me 'n' Chunk are on NTL.
Hopefully he will be back on......................DJZ 60.:)

Russ

Club Member
Ahh yes Pete! That was another I knew about and totally forgot!

I will e-mail our webhosts about the problem and see if they can suggest anything. Unfortunately there are

a) too many ISPs for me to contact (and there is no definitive list of them)
b) its the ISPs fault, this must happen all the time!

I will see what I can do, well done DJ, thank you.