Number plates

jimyj

Club Member
Well i have never been over happy with the number plates on my z and think the classic black and silver suit the car much better , i know mine is a 1974 and also know black are only legal up till 1973 , and will live with that .
So just about so get some new ones made up , the rear one that came on the car has both corners cut out ?? its a 8 1/4 by 11 1/4 size but it just looks odd , did all uk z have this as the rear mount does seem an odd size . thanks

Had to have me rear one made up especially here because the standard LEGAL shape is rectangular and bike letters/nubers are too small LEGALLY !
Agreed - black and silver...........but not those lined letters that look cheap and '80s' !

If the legal shape is rectangular in the land of fine wines, how do they fit the rear light cover panels and the panel in the middle??
In fact what was the shape of the rear plate when the cars were first imported to France??

The original shape (before Euro laws and French bureaucracy got going) was square - almost all the Zs you see over have sqaure no plates which makes them......as about as legal as those who've changed their tyre sizes from 175/70x14s !

Yes, erhmmm '74 ?

Back