Now Is the Time to Buy an Affordable Classic Car, Hagerty Says...

I've seen a few Pumas lately,I've noticed the blobeye scooby has gone up the last couple of months by about 2 k average asking price,I've got the wagon version,great car to drive,also see a couple of Ford probes,Saab 90 16V turbo another worth considering,wish I kept mine,best car I ever owned,had it for six years and it's still going,how many times have we said I wish I kept that car,

My wife had a Ford Puma for a while - the 1.7 versions are surprisingly nippy with a very snicky little gearbox. But they are prone to rust around the rear wheel arches.

R32, R33 and R34 GTRs have all seen a large jump in price over the last few years, almost doubling!
On Pistonheads it seems you can't get an R34 GTR for less than £50 grand whereas they could be found for low twenties around three or four years ago.
Some R32 are also now eligible for import into the US which looks to have boosted their value.
Whether or not they are maxed out at this value remains to be seen.........hopefully not! ;)

R32, R33 and R34 GTRs have all seen a large jump in price over the last few years, almost doubling!

On Pistonheads it seems you can't get an R34 GTR for less than £50 grand whereas they could be found for low twenties around three or four years ago.

Some R32 are also now eligible for import into the US which looks to have boosted their value.

Whether or not they are maxed out at this value remains to be seen.........hopefully not! ;)

I'm thinking of an R32 as a daily driver, seen a few but still looking for the right 370z as well...decisions decisions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking of an R32 as a daily driver, seen a few but still looking for the right 370z as well...decisions decisions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R32s were way ahead of their time in 1989 and thoroughly deserved the 'Godzilla' tag!
They are still very capable cars today.
I used my R34 as a daily driver for the first couple of years I owned it when it was around 430bhp and never had any issues with it.........fast, loads of grip and four seats!
The engine and drive train (apart from the gearbox) are very similar to the R32 as Nissan pretty much got it right first time.
In its present guise it is still the best handling and performing car I have driven!

P 6 has bin a classic for years,I had five of em ,still got a few bits I might sell ,i.e. S wheel trims,new front indicator,battery cover,all bits you can't get anymore

That french bloke might be a future classic,a classic wot I don't know,any suggestions,answers on a postcard please.

How and who defines wot is a classic,the classic register only let in 240z 260 z and 280 z which are the classic Zed shape but I think they allow the 350 and 370 as in which defeats the object of being a classic car club,i.e. The name.The classic Z register,I go to the Matching green classic car show and there are Vauxhall novas and scoobies showing off their sound systems and ******* people off,so is that a classic car show still,To be or not to be. ( a classic ) is the question

Mr2 roadster, definite future classic. As luck would have it, I've got one.

I may have confused great value & great car with future classic

Of course the 240Z is a classic. We were discussing FUTURE Classics.

And the 240Z is listed...they're (and I am) not discussing future classics - that was Status who went off at a tangent-, probably got hair in his eye and misread the subject....it's about :

"Now Is the Time to Buy an Affordable Classic Car, Hagerty Says..." !

Let's stay on topic chaps.:rolleyes - not future classics !

What are affordable classics today ?

Back