North to South Lunch run - 20th July

nickz32

Well-Known Forum User
Guys and Girls,

Ive set up a meet on the 300zx.co.uk South Central area, so i thought id invite the Z club as well for a nice day out on some of the Souths best roads. Here are the details:

The route starts just off Jnc11 of the M4. Turn off onto the A33 towards Basingstoke and there is a BP garage where there used to be a Little Chef with a reasonable sized car park. For those who live near the top of the ground i will be there at 11:00am

From there Cross Country to Jnc5 of the M3 where there is a big layby in the turning signed for Odiham (same place we used for the Jap performance sunday meet) Ill be there for about 11:30

We then go through Odiham to Alton (lovely fast twisty road) and use this as the second check point for people to join in

From Alton we'll go down the A31 to Winchester (3rd check point) about 12:15

From Winchester down the A272 across Petersfield. This is an AWESOME road, one of the best in Hampshire.

The final leg is from Petersfield down the A3M to Hailing Island where there is a few nice places to have a nice bit of Lunch and chill on the beach in whats looks like Glorious weather. We should get there around the 2pm sort of time.

If you dont want to do the whole route, thats fine, call me on my mobile on the day and ill tell you which check points were between and where you can meet us.

1)nickz32
2)steve burns
3)andy isherwood
4)ianl
5)...

Nick

M

madmarco

)nickz32
2)steve burns
3)andy isherwood
4)ianl
5)madmarco

Thanks Nick!
The best meets always provide a bit of driving along with the usual banter. This should be a great meet for anyone down south who loves their Z.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
What more could you want for a Sunday drive out :thumbs:
A nice group of people :thumbs:
Some of the best roads to drive on in Hampshire:thumbs:
Various start points if you don't want to do the whole thing:thumbs:
The Seaside:thumbs:
And food somewhere:thumbs:
Or better still there is always the odd jobs at home you could do or even watch the telly instead:eek:

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
1)nickz32 - M4 Jnc11
2)steve burns-M4 Jnc11
3)andy isherwood
4)ianl - M3 Jnc 5
5)madmarco
6)sussex_stu - J11 M4
7)nutter4249

Dont forget to add which meeting point your going to be at
biggrin.gif

M

madmarco

Just checked the weather and it looks like Sunday will be nice and dry. :D

M

madmarco

Wont be able to take the Z as I've damaged a wheel.
So -
5 Z32s
1 BMW
1 280ZX
1 67 Mustang Coupe
and not a single 240/260 in sight

mustang4.jpg

Dale

Club Member
Ooooohhhh, niiiiiiiiice! :thumbs:

I'm sure I've seen that photo before though. A present for the missus, or something like that? Is that right? Or am I getting confused? (wouldn't be the first time! :rolleyes:)

To go off topic for a mo', are you going to the Gold Cup at Oulton Park Marco? There was some stunning Mustangs there last year on show, new and old. Sounded amazing too! :D

Sorry, carry on. :eek:

M

madmarco

No your memory hasn't failed you (this time) ;).
It's the wifes car (gift for mothers day) but I seem to drive it a lot more than she does! May appeal to our classic enthusiasts and help convince them to join us for a drive.

I wasn't planning to go to the Gold Cup, when is it held?

martin

Well-Known Forum User
one 260 just leaving see you some where on route !!!!

its 10 .30 just leaving 260 zzzzzzzzzzzz orsted:thumbs:

nickz32

Well-Known Forum User
Cheers to all that came, was a really nice day. Shame we kept hitting slow traffic on some of the nice roads, but thats just one of those things i suppose.

Cheers to Andy for being a Petrol Snob

Marco's mustang is a stunner in the flesh, jodies convinced she wants one now

Nice to meet you 300_zedx, sorry about the traffic and you didnt get to spend much time in Hayling, unfortunatly we'd already been there 2 hours.

Round of applause to Steve Burns for taking the Biggest "I missed the turning" detour of the day

Unfortunatly i didnt get any pics, i think the amount of times ive dropped my phone has finally taken its toll and it stopped working in Hayling.

Thanks again to everyone for showing up for another SC Meet

Nick