Nissan 350Z - Rear clicking noise

Unfortunately its one of the few problems with the 350z. Its the rear axle. If you are in warranty and take it to the dealers they will grease it which is a temp fix. The correct fix costs about £750. There is a Nissan tsb out about it too.

The thinking is that other than being annoying its not going to cause any further problems.

We are working on a repair pack from a trader at the moment to save paying if done out of warranty.

If you need a copy of the TSB drop me a pm.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for that.

Nissan have quoted £300 to actually grease it (out of warranty) - does this seem about right do you know? I have taken it to smaller garages but without success.

How long do you think it will last before need re-greasing again?

Sorry, but could you explain what the repair pack is?

Many thanks for your time.

had mine done under warranty last july still ok !

will probably go again when warranty is up this july i could only hear clicking in reverse

There is now a repair kit available for this for under £200. There is also a guide with pics for those feeling like having a go themselves. I believe Nissan are charging over 1k for the full repair.

I've also heard about this problem, mine is ok though (100k). What I would want to know is what is 'clicking', there is no way I would pay Nissan hundreds of pounds to grease my car!

Is it the drive-shafts?

Exactly Rob,,£175 for Grease ??? Fur Fox Aches !!!! That is reeeely absconding wif the urine :eek: If there is an issue nissan (much as I luv em ) should ante up and fix the problem,,not flippin lube it and leave it ? I would have a serious hell raise with my dealer if I had that kinda issue with a car I'd dropped that much dosh for thank you:devil:

Its been around since the cars came out in 03. Some Nissan dealers will grease the cars out of warranty. Others wont carry out the full fix under warranty. Its the normal battle.

The pack to fix for those who are clever..

1 x Nissan Rear Drive Shaft Outer C V Joint assembly
1 x Nissan Rear Drive Shaft Outer C V Joint Boot Kit including C V Joint Grease and Clips.

Back