Nismo L-Series manifolds group buy?

I'm trying to sort that out at the minute. Looking like somewhere <1k which is pretty good considering the mild steel originals were ~£600 as far as I know.
Will get firm prices ASAP.
Does anyone have a pic of the nismo ones?

Looking like somewhere <1k
:eek:

The originals (mild steel with chrome plate) were around £350 -£400 without collector

John would the "group buy" be stainless only as I would prefer mild steel, also which size primary would be available

Mild to wild 2.4's and mild 2.8's work well with a 1 3/8 whilst wild 2.8's up need 1 3/4 primaries.

Possibly mild too, I'll look into it. Out of interest, why, just cost? These will include the collector.
Different tube sizes will be no problem.

:eek:

The originals (mild steel with chrome plate) were around £350 -£400 without collector

John would the "group buy" be stainless only as I would prefer mild steel, also which size primary would be available

Mild to wild 2.4's and mild 2.8's work well with a 1 3/8 whilst wild 2.8's up need 1 3/4 primaries.

I've paid £350 ish ! Let's be clear here - a mild steel exhaust manifold (known in France as a collecteur, in the USA as a header). I know that there is a world-wide market for these but price and above all quality determines everything !

Over here, we're looking at making and marketing a mild-steel copy of the big diametre exhaust manifold and it has to be less than £600 !

Skiddy - is the biggy 1 3/4 or 1 5/8 ?

Don't Fourways offer a stainless steel version?

Yes they do, and I think it is their copy of the Nismo header..Around £500-£600 off the top of my head.

For the area around a grand, why not consider a Japanese aftermarket one to copy, as the pipework is more suited to a RHD z (sorry Sylvian!) Correct me if I am wrong, but the US Nismo performace maybe slightly compromised by its design (as it has to make way for the steering linkage i.e LHD)

Not sure that mine is compromised Ian.......but maybe two copies at different specs./prices ?

I heard a rumour that they will remake the NISMO header so look around before building !

I didn't mean close to 1k, just a ball park until I can get some pics to gauge from.
If the design is compromised for LHD then that could be designed out easily enough.
Quailty of these will be VERY good. Alunox do a lot of stuff for race / rally teams and offer a warrenty on all manifolds. Here's one example of his stuff on a chevron of some sort:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• P2170031.JPG
    P2170031.JPG
    496.1 KB · Views: 197
  • P2170032.JPG
    P2170032.JPG
    488.9 KB · Views: 200
  • P2170033.JPG
    P2170033.JPG
    398.6 KB · Views: 197
  • P2170040.JPG
    P2170040.JPG
    340.8 KB · Views: 186
Pics of Nismo manifold. 1 3/4" primary's, 2 3/8" secondary's.

Attachments

• 2008_10020004.jpg
    2008_10020004.jpg
    520.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 2008_10020005.jpg
    2008_10020005.jpg
    530.6 KB · Views: 32
Just checked Fourways site, £265 for their exhaust manifold.

Sean, From my understanding is that we (here in the UK) are using the Nismo header/manifold that is made in the US. Therefore there could be a Nismo Japan one and also the many aftermarket performance ones from the proper tuning houses. As the US one has to contend with the steering linkage on their left hand drive cars, the collector pipes run a different route than a Japanese designed header, as there is no steering system to miss. Thus, the pipework design is "straighter" than the US system which has a lot more bends. I know when Zedhead260z was looking into having a Japanese system, there was a slight area of uncertainty of how the engine would behave, compared to its US Nismo header that is tried and tested. (Rob, correct me if I am wrong). From my understanding a Japanese header could/would perform a bit better, though I don't know by how much, probably not a great deal probably, and probably at the top end of engine spec....

Maybe Alan can chime in, as he could have a bit more knowledge on the manifold systems in Japan...?
Cheers
Ian

A few posts added while I was busy typing...

Last edited by a moderator:
fourways was stainless £350,but that was nearly 3 years ago when i was last down there and my original nismo was £350 but the ones you r thinking of getting done may be even better so worth a look

from there website

manifold.jpg

Motorsports Z Exhaust Manifold
Stainless steel, 32 inch lung, 1.75 inch primarys, 2.5 inch collectors
---------------------------------------------------

Interesting, because I’m still ‘working’ with a Janspeed manifold.

Steel prices have gone through the roof since then so that may be how they could do them so cheap? Waiting on Leon getting back to me with a price at the minute.

Back