Nice seats in this 260z | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Nice seats in this 260z

Discussion in 'General discussion' started by franky, Jun 9, 2019.

1. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

2. atomman

atomman
    Z Club Member

That's Jay's car who owns/runs Players shows , he wants an old 911 now ,

Interested in the 'Dyno tuned at 202bhp at the wheels' on a standard L26 with just a set of weber 40 dcoe's, uprated pump and one of Sean's exhausts,

franky likes this.
  3. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Treasurer Staff Member Moderator

Looks lovely but I don't like 'photo-shopped pics' (or however they have been 'enhanced').

I'm not sure if attaching the harnesses to a strut-brace like that would be ok. Might be but it doesn't seem right to me.

4. status

status
    Z Club Member

Car looks nice but at that price over here for a left hooker don’t think so somehow,Just makes yer wonder wot a good 260 rhd with a 3.2 rebello quaffe sliperry dif four pot callipers s14 box throttle bodies would be worth

5. Rob Gaskin

Depends who the previous owner was

chrisvega and franky like this.
  6. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

He'd be lucky if all else standard it made 130 at the wheels?

7. status

status
    Z Club Member

Why does it depend on who the previous owner was

8. chrisvega

chrisvega
    Z Club Member

It's a cryptic comment Rob made based on the $125k car just sold on BAT - least I think it is.......

A good RHD 260Z to the great spec. you mentioned above would command decent money, at least £40k - so your's would be a bit less :EXTRAlol:
    Have you ordered the Rebello yet ?
    You need to source a shell to put it in over in CA, save you a lot of import duty/VAT.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  9. Rob Gaskin

No my comment was just a little banter with status. His car should fetch good money if for sale.

10. chrisvega

chrisvega
    Z Club Member

OK Rob, looks like we both missed that one ;)
    Never mind, banter theme continued....

11. Woody928

Woody928
    Z Club Member
    Staff Member Moderator

I hear RHD cars are worth far less in Europe and that's only just across a little stream.... :rolleyes:

As much as someone is willing to pay ;)

Robbie J likes this.
  12. status

status
    Z Club Member

Rhd Cars are worth less in Europe but we live in England which is where it counts and yes Rebello in its way CHRIS and I missed that from Rob and we can command wot we want for our cars just like my missus commands me to listen to her a bit more but doesn’t mean we will get it

13. chrisvega

chrisvega
    Z Club Member

Exactly, rhd cars are worth more here and also easier to sell at the higher end of the market. Hence I have an RLS30/260Z in build at the moment that I am converting to rhd. The cost of conversion is less than the increase in value and saleability when completed so worthwhile. There is always a core of buyers who will only look at rhd.

14. status

status
    Z Club Member

Yeah probably right there CHRIS
    Will it be ready for our Le Mans trip next year

15. chrisvega

chrisvega
    Z Club Member

Yes, it should be ready in a few weeks or so but won't be going to Le Mans in that one - steering wheel on the wrong side ;) plus I need to sell one or two cars before then. If the right offer comes along this one may be out of the door, don't want to become a hoarder like that Johnnie Palmer bloke :D

moggy240 likes this.
  16. status

status
    Z Club Member

Now you are sounding like a complete tart are you scared to drive it in froggy land just because of a steering wheel issue.If you pull yer finger out you should sell more than a two cars by then

17. Jake RAH

Jake RAH
    Z Club Member

Wow that soon? I thought it was still in bits :EXTRAconfused:

18. chrisvega

chrisvega
    Z Club Member

Maybe you are thinking of the other project ? South African 240Z ? That one is still in a thousand pieces and at the point where it's hard to imagine it ever going back together EXTRA:(

Jake RAH likes this.
  19. uk66fastback

uk66fastback
    Z Club Member

Was that the one with the huuuuge rear lights? Red & gold from memory?

20. chrisvega

chrisvega
    Z Club Member

You have a good memory Mike, yes, that's the one, original colour silver but painted metallic red, although not a trace of either colour left anymore, just a bare shell with a little more rust than expected and a shunt in the rear end for good measure. Those 'comedy gold' lights were just the tip of the iceberg :(