Nice 260Z on ebay

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Well they are rarer than 240Zs and an overall better car - nothing misguided there.
(apart from the implication that that makes them more valuable!)

status

Well-Known Forum User
I know this car and it is worth every penny,if anyone wants me to have a look for em then gis a shout

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Pedantic and obvious, copy and paste from many of your previous posts.:p

Rarer ok, lovely car, underestimated and unfairly so in the shadow of the 240Z ok.....and I remain open-minded so please list me the aspects, parts and whatever else which determine TODAY that a 260Z 2-seater should be classed as a 'better' car.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Matter of personal taste,some people think that because it was the first Zed it's better although in most cases worth more money,the 260 is 2 mph faster top end wow wee,the late 260 has a more refined interior which is a fact,it's all down to personal preference cos it ain't a big dick contest and most people ain't really bothered anyway

uk66fastback

Club Member
This car vaguely, vaguely rings a bell as being on sale about 18 months ago for £16k!

I hope I haven't got the wrong car - but there are just too may similarities in the description, unless anyone knows any more?

Prices gone through the roof then in the last year ... !

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I'm not argusing with you Paul....but 'matter of taste' is subjective - I've asked from Jon for a definitive list that might be discussed in a friendly and informative manner.

In my view, if we follow the logic that the later model is a 'better car' because it's more comfortable on the road, surely the the S130 is better than the S30s for a six inline and then the debate opens over which V6 model.....it might be argued that the overall best S30 for the road is a 280Z 2+2.....!

status

Well-Known Forum User
That's my point,matter of taste,you prefer a 240 I prefer a late 260 ,I have more taste than you it's as simple as that,

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Well they are rarer than 240Zs and an overall better car - nothing misguided there.
(apart from the implication that that makes them more valuable!)
Agreed. Better ride, better interior - only the carbs were worse really and those are easily swapped.
But I can see why some prefer the 240 because it is a bit revvier and it is the origin of the species.
Does look a nice motor.

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
But I can see why some prefer the 240 because it is a bit revvier and it is the origin of the species.

Sorry, but I feel it's necessary to point out that the "240" was most certainly not "...the origin of the species."

Nissan's S30-series was conceived, engineered, developed and produced as a family of models, and debuted as such.

What do the terms "240Z" and "260Z" et al refer to anyway? The terms are so nebulous as to be only one step up from being meaningless. What variant, what market, what date? It makes a big difference.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
That's my point,matter of taste,you prefer a 240 I prefer a late 260 ,I have more taste than you it's as simple as that,

Quantity (the 260Z was heavier) is no gaurantee of quality (same applies to your hair darling).

But matter of taste is not a qualicative basis upon which to determine which car is the 'better' !

Better ride, better interior

Please.....define better - HOW are they better ?

What do the terms "240Z" and "260Z" et al refer to anyway? The terms are so nebulous as to be only one step up from being meaningless. What variant, what market, what date? It makes a big difference.

I believe for this exercise Alan and there were UK press articles referring to UK market cars we should assume that we're comparing UK market 240Z and 260Z (2x seaters).

Agreed upon the anti-Darwinian observation though.:)

datsfun

Club Member
...and I remain open-minded so please list me the aspects, parts and whatever else which determine TODAY that a 260Z 2-seater should be classed as a 'better' car.

I too remain open minded :rolleyes:

why dont you do the same, list me the aspects, parts and whatever else to determine TODAY that a 240z should be classed as a "better " car :p

why dont you do the same, list me the aspects, parts and whatever else to determine TODAY that a 240z should be classed as a "better " car :p

The first of the breed
Lighter
The first of the Breed
not as refined
The first of the Breed
more desirable
The first of the Breed
:)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User

Why do you suppose that the 240Z is a better car ?:confused: I haven't said so !

Since,

a) I asked first :D:rolleyes: and
b) it is the 260Z owners claiming that theirs is better and therefore for them to quantify that statement.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Personal preference is wot it's all down to,both nice cars,late 260 more refined interior,that's the only reason I prefer it and like I said earlier,I have more taste than you and more hair

Sam_C

Club Member
Well I went to a car show in my 240 on Sunday, and as I drove in the steward said, "240Z, best car Datsun ever made" I hope that clears up any confusion as to which is the better car. :)

bluejon

Club Member
This car vaguely, vaguely rings a bell as being on sale about 18 months ago for £16k!

I hope I haven't got the wrong car - but there are just too may similarities in the description, unless anyone knows any more?

Prices gone through the roof then in the last year ... !

It was indeed up for sale before. I remember it from the period I was on the hunt, and it having 'the original dealer window sticker' in the back. Seem to recall it was low £20s last year.

Last edited by a moderator: