New Z member from EIRE here,

andlid

Active Forum User
Hello Zee's people!

I'm a new member here but not a new owner of a Z, currently own a 03 JDM 350Z (or fairlady as it's called over there) Have done some bits and bobs to it, reason I'm joining here... I was told about the forum which is a good start and also that I'm trying to find more Z owners in Ireland (NI & EIRE) that own a Z... hard to find people in the South anyway that has a Z. Also will post a thread regarding a tune meet in EIRE and try and gain some interest.

Cheers!
A

andlid

Active Forum User
Hi bud and welcome to the forum. Great too see you expanding the ranks of the 350zs over here. :thumbs:
:thumbs: trying my best to close the eyes against the cost of running a Z in the south :cheers:

Well worth it every time I drive it!

a.

(stick ur name down for the tune/dyno!)

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Hi Anders, welcome to the club. There are a few people on here with 350's who have an earlier Z too. What is the reason for saying it's expensive in the south of Ireland, is it fuel, insurance or just normal running costs - they aren't the cheapest car to run are they but I love em?

andlid

Active Forum User
Hi Anders, welcome to the club. There are a few people on here with 350's who have an earlier Z too. What is the reason for saying it's expensive in the south of Ireland, is it fuel, insurance or just normal running costs - they aren't the cheapest car to run are they but I love em?
Running costs would be fuel but thats dependant on your foot (mine is pretty heavy) but if I drive it normally I get better fuel economy of it then the Altezza I got. Also on motorway speed its far less thirsty then the 2.0 Altezza!

Id say the cost of getting one would be 36% more then in the UK areas due to VRT then you got the road tax which lands you 1500€ per annum. Insurance is anywhere from 800 - 1600 € (me over 30 5 NCB).

Then we can ignore the rest of the € spent on actually changing the engine / exhaust / tune / wheels / styling parts :lol:

Love it and wouldn't change it...

A.

Might try and get an older Z, always wanted an old 280 (yellow) :rolleyes:

datty240Z

Well-Known Forum User
Hey Anders! Welcome to the club. I think you'll find there are a lot more owners of older Z's down there than in the North but probably more 350's up here. I live in Co. Antrim, have a 240 and a 260 amongst other sundry Datsuns. We get together a few times each year north and south, just keep an eye out on the forum. I used to have a 350 but chopped it in for a Skyline. The Skyline is seriously expensive to keep on the road also.