new wheels

twoforty

Well-Known Forum User
Just picked up my new 17x9.5 rims for my 240 this evening. They were made by superlite wheels here in the UK. They do look good but for the money I'm not too happy now I've cleand the grease off and had a good look. The centers look like they have had no prep before spraying and although the offset is correct the guy has used less dish and more metal on the centre. Here is a look anyway. what do you think?

Attachments

• zwheels1.jpg
    zwheels1.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 116
  • zwheels2.jpg
    zwheels2.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 159
Looking good, I dont know the price.
Is it that high? How much is it per wheel?
I`m still searching for some nice fragil and deep rim looking wheels.
I found in Germany a book where are allmost all Factorys with all there Wheels, Boltcircles,...are in.
But they are not the cheapest too.
They mostly start by €100.- and go up to €1000.-(per Wheel). Deppens on the quality, of course.
Amazombi:S30:

Price £354 a wheel! 3 piece rims including locking wheel nuts. Probably live with the front but will hacve to get the rears re done as I may as well have bought 7" rims and put bloody great big spacers behind them:mad:

on top of all the other problems the wheel bolt holes aren't central on 2 wheels:mad: :eek: My 8 month old son could have done a better job

Personally I prefer the clean classic look of the original Minilite for around £100 a throw for the 15x6". But then I'm an old fuddy duddy who likes the understated rather than the brash!

Quick query, but how come the US cars have these amazing 17/18" split rims in a multitude of different styles on their 240/260s? All we have is Image wheels and super expensive import wheels. Is the US fixture different.

I want some of these, or these.....

zw.jpgzw2.jpg

twoforty said:
on top of all the other problems the wheel bolt holes aren't central on 2 wheels:mad: :eek: My 8 month old son could have done a better job

You are aware that you have statuatory rights and if not happy with your purchase you can opt for a refund/replacement.

It's a lot of coin to lose :unsure:

update:
called the guy today and he said he would make a new set in the correct dimensions, he was polite and seemed to actually care about the problems. As for the wheel being out of true, he said that could only be a miss aligned insert as the holes are drilled by a computer controlled machine. Hopefully should have the new ones in 2 weeks.

hamster? I only have mice in my garage!

At last I can roll it out of the garage.

Attachments

• atlast1.jpg
    atlast1.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 55
  • atlast2.jpg
    atlast2.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 48
  • atlast3.jpg
    atlast3.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 33
Back