New mirrors fitted!

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
You may remember a few weeks ago I posted a thread saying I was looking for some new door mirrors.
I had only ever had one on the driver's side - a circular mirror which I really liked but which was unable to match on the passenger side.
When I spotted a bit of corrosion around the mirror housing I decided to get it treated in the bodyshop and at the same time get two matching mirrors fitted.
With the help of Dale I found these which I am really happy with.
I know the purists won't like them because they are not original to the car, but frankly the original rectangular ones are a bit Austin Allegro for my liking - not suited to a sport car.
I wanted circular ones, but not the bullet style ones. So I went for these (see pictures) and am really happy with them.
I got them from this company: http://www.penguinspeedshop.com
They were incredibly helpful - even delivering some to me pre-payment so I could have a look at them, put them against the car and send them back if I was not happy.
Would recommend them - they couldn't have been more helpful.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• P8150488.JPG
    P8150488.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 159
  • P8150485.JPG
    P8150485.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 157
  • P8150487.JPG
    P8150487.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 154
  • P8150489.JPG
    P8150489.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 156
Last edited by a moderator:
Riddler, if the originals are Austin Allegro then those are Vauxhall Cresta.

Sod the purists,it's your car so it's up to you,I went for something different,see my gallery,ps nice colour

They look good IMO. Important thing is can you see anything in them? My car had bullet door mirrors when I first owned it - they were useless. Ditching them for the correct JDM wing mirrors was a revelation.

Yeah great colour,I've had a sort of copper flip put under mine so looks a bit different on a sunny day plus there are a few idiots on here that call it brown,colour code 611,maroon

Riddler, seeing that you like these mirrors what about the sunshade over the windscreen and the headlight shrouds? :lol:

Attachments

• vauxhall_cresta_in_very_pink_reg_jun_1958_2262_cc.jpg
    vauxhall_cresta_in_very_pink_reg_jun_1958_2262_cc.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
I actually think he should have a pink Z ;)

Seriously though - IMO the mirrors look great on your car, suit it well.

Riddler, seeing that you like these mirrors what about the sunshade over the windscreen and the headlight shrouds? :lol:

No I don't think so - in much the same way I don't think you'll be fitting a quartic steering wheel to match your mirrors!

They look good IMO. Important thing is can you see anything in them? My car had bullet door mirrors when I first owned it - they were useless. Ditching them for the correct JDM wing mirrors was a revelation.
The driver's mirror gives a decent rear view (see picture taken while on road). The passenger side mirror is OK but could do with being a bit more concave to give a wider view. Still better than nothing which is what I had on the nearside before!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
Last edited by a moderator:
Could you take a picture from your normal driving position to give an idea of how much you can actually see. I'm looking at buying a set and don't want to waste my money if you can't see much.
Thanks

Could you take a picture from your normal driving position to give an idea of how much you can actually see. I'm looking at buying a set and don't want to waste my money if you can't see much.
Thanks
See the post previous to yours where I have done just that!

Back