New Mazda RX-Vision

zNathan

Well-Known Forum User
07_rx-vision_h_prev.jpg

mazda-rx-vision-concept-sg-16-1280x697.jpg

I love the rear view... ;)

It's got fairly similar proportions to an S30... *runs and hides*

Personally, I think it looks like someone sat on it - although it represents a major improvement over the RX-8!

Of course, there's no way the production version will look anything like as striking in appearance.

Just a lot of money and they haven't sold enough.....and too heavy !:p

Somebody tell Nissan (and since the Z32) that light is right...:eek:

The 350/370 have always been considered a bargain by the media. Also the S30 was not a cheap car is the UK.

Sean, Ferrari didn't sell many 250GTOs either.

Heavy - most cars are these days and it's not heavier than the 350 but more powerful. The 350 seems to have a bigger following - 'first' cars often do.

I think the huge wheels (clumbsy, tramlining, noise and easily damaged), limited visibility (rear quarters and high waistline) , small boot (little height) and high running costs (road tax, 28mpg and tyres) are the negatives.

Would this Mazda be any better?

The 350/370 have always been considered a bargain by the media. Also the S30 was not a cheap car is the UK.

Sean, Ferrari didn't sell many 250GTOs either.

Heavy - most cars are these days and it's not heavier than the 350 but more powerful. The 350 seems to have a bigger following - 'first' cars often do.

I think the huge wheels (clumbsy, tramlining, noise and easily damaged), limited visibility (rear quarters and high waistline) , small boot (little height) and high running costs (road tax, 28mpg and tyres) are the negatives.

Would this Mazda be any better?

Rob......nice try with those arguments but :

they were bargains compared to Porsches.

The 240Z didn't sell many either within the UK.

The GTO was a homologated series for competition....let's not distort the facts.

Most cars are heavier.....some aren't :

Toyota GT 86 : 1244kgs
RX-8 : 1309kgs
New Honda S2000......."The brand new 2016 Honda S2000 will come with a reduced weight thanks to the extensive use of light weight materials.

Nissan 350Z : 1450kgs
Nissan 370Z : 1500kgs

Nissan = "innovation that excites" ! So......innovate !

The 350Z has a bigger following because it's cheaper and (perhaps ?) there were more sold......but it certainly wasn't the 'first' !:D

My thoughts on this new RX concept:

Loving the looks except for the imitation pop-up headlights and the rear 'spoiler' - it does look a little squashed but I've never seen low and wide as an issue other than practical driving in the UK, but that's not important right?!.... Lol

New rotary engine! Exciting concept but not sure what their plans are for bringing it up to current standards. Some rumours of diesel and its use within a hybrid system. I hope it comes to fruition for the sake of something different in the market but I also hope it keeps the same high-revving characteristics of a rotary (and the sound! or possibly something even better?)

I'm just happy that Mazda seem to be doing something different than the rest of the field. I find most modern cars quite boring and sterile but this is interesting to me.

Can't wait to see some proper road tests on the new Koenigsegg Regera too!

Back