My new 240

260zzz

Active Forum User
Hi there,

Greetings from Sunny Bradford. I thought I'd share my new ride with you. Been a member for a couple of months, in which time gone from a 260 to a 240. Car has been making a lot of people very happy on my daily commute- it gots more attention than anything I've driven in the past. Hope you like the pics...

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    483.9 KB · Views: 64
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    487.3 KB · Views: 51
  • frontside.jpg
    frontside.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 49
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 64
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 46

Mr.G

Club Member
Hi,

Very sweet ride, and an early one too.

Looks to be turbo charged. Would be good to hear more on the specs.

260zzz

Active Forum User
Spec

It's tax exempt but 73 plate, I've not had it long. Last owner did all the work, no rust l28 n42 block, eccs injection, mr2 hybrid turbo, lightened flywheel, 280z gearbox, 300zx brakes and other bits and pieces...Glad you like it!

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
Nice car, looks very clean, glad to hear of another 240z Turbo, did you buy it from the Bristol area?

260zzz

Active Forum User
in bristol

yep brought it after seeing it on auto active- must have been on the site for ages thinking about buying it!

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Why do you guys say it's an early one ? An early one has no 'Z' badge on the rear wing and the ones on have no exit holes for air.

Happy to see that another 240 is on the road again and being used - is she 'chassis clean' ?

260zzz

Active Forum User
Engine management is the Nissan ECCS from 280zx. Chassis is clean. Although distributor has a very small drip drip leak- which i am going to remedy but otherwise car drives great. Not as comfortable as my 260z though!

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Hi there,

Greetings from Sunny Bradford. I thought I'd share my new ride with you. Been a member for a couple of months, in which time gone from a 260 to a 240. Car has been making a lot of people very happy on my daily commute- it gots more attention than anything I've driven in the past. Hope you like the pics...

thats the great thing about having these cars is that they sound great,look great,drive great and people will always come up to and say 'that is a nice car !!!!! ' and they are still very modern looking compared to lot of other cars from the same era.

260zzz

Active Forum User
you're right- I've parked up a couple of times- and people of all ages races cultures have (albeit all male) have been wanting to ask about it- retro datsun's could be the way to world peace ;)

rahail240

Well-Known Forum User
spotted again parked at westfield garage. hope the car's ok.

make sure the mechanic wears velvet gloves!!