MOT Today | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

MOT Today

Discussion in 'General' started by Gaz 300, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Gaz 300

Gaz 300
    Z Club Member

After being sat in the garage for a year my 300zx is going for its MOT today at 1800 hrs.
    I took it of the road when a could hear a strange noise from the front of the car and put it done to one of the timing belt pulleys so I purchased a complete kit from mike and had it fitted this week but the noise was a bearing in the air con pump and the alternator so they were reconditioned and thats me ready now for MOT then I can tax online and start Zeding :) wish me luck.

2. Gaz 300

Gaz 300
    Z Club Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sitting ready for the MOT :)

3. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Treasurer Staff Member Moderator

:Z32: Good Luck

You didn't drive it up those ramps surely - I find them really dangerous.

My lads Pug failed it's MoT yesterday so more work for me (rear caliper & track-rod end). I'm getting a bit old for crawling under cars but I must admit it is good exercise. I'll make sure he helps me.

4. Gaz 300

Gaz 300
    Z Club Member

Use the ramps all the time Rob and no issues so far.:)

5. MikeB

MikeB Well-Known Forum User

Good luck Gary :)

I use ramps like those all the time, Rob, never had a problem

6. Huw

Huw
    Z Club Member

Best of luck mate with the MOT

7. Gaz 300

Gaz 300
    Z Club Member

Thanks guys and I have an extension that sits on the ramp so lowered cars can drive up them I use it for the front wheels.

8. Rob Gaskin

I've had them move and usually I'm on my own and worry about damage to the car. I sometimes use them to support the car once I've raised it. Also I stick wooden chocks in the slats once on - so the car can't roll l forward.

9. Gaz 300

Gaz 300
    Z Club Member

10. Rob Gaskin

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Are those secondary ramps or part of the kit?

11. Gaz 300

Gaz 300
    Z Club Member

I bought them a few years after I bought the ramps and yes your ramps will move if they are nor secured or propped up against something. In the first pic I have them pushed up against an inch lip thats there as you enter the garage this stops them from sliding.

12. Gaz 300

Gaz 300
    Z Club Member

Glad to report another pass so bring on the Summer with the roof of and the twins boosting :driving:

13. Gaz 300

Gaz 300
    Z Club Member

Waiting for my turn to drive through. [​IMG]

14. MikeB

MikeB Well-Known Forum User

Ah, good old Newtownards :). Well done Gary, always a relief to get through ;)

15. Gaz 300

Gaz 300
    Z Club Member

You know it well Mike :) The tester asked me if it had been dry stored for several years I said just in the Winter :thumbs:

16. Rob Gaskin

Yep a relief but also an independent check on the safety of your car so reassuring.

Lovely car.

:thumbs:

17. Gaz 300

Gaz 300
    Z Club Member

True and at the speeds we travel at our cars need to be up for the job.