Momo hub issues?

arcdef

Club Member
Hey.,

Has anyone else had issues fitting Momo steering wheel hubs? I have tried 2 now from different suppliers and they will not fit on the column without some serious hammering which obviously I don't want to do incase i damage the splines on the steering column. Also tried on 2 different columns and no luck there.

Thanks,

Ash

Farmer42

Club Member
I don't know about a Momo hub but I have a hub for a Mountney wheel that fits perfectly that I'm willing to sell.

Fairlineguy

Club Member
I’ve found that if you buy a pattern boss often There splines are of poor quality.
I sent the one I bought back and got a genuine boss in the end even that was tight first time on .
Oil the splines before you tighten a new boss onto the shaft you stand a better chance of pulling it off again

arcdef

Club Member
Thanks, both came in Momo boxes. The first one was from eBay so suspected it wasn't genuine but the recent one came from GSM who apparently ordered direct from Momo in Italy. Will try using some oil to see if it helps!

Jason McIvor

Club Member
Thanks, both came in Momo boxes. The first one was from eBay so suspected it wasn't genuine but the recent one came from GSM who apparently ordered direct from Momo in Italy. Will try using some oil to see if it helps!
Arcdef

Did you get this sorted ?
I am looking to get a smaller steering wheel than the original - what momo wheel did you get ?