Mallory Park (PPC) Sat 19 May 2012

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
The Practical Performance Car Magazine show is at Mallory Park again this year on Saturday the 19th May 2012.

Details here: http://www.ppcmag.co.uk/ppc-in-the-park.html

PPC say they already have more confirmed attractions for the show than any other year yet, not only that they have 6 new car clubs confirmed to be in attendance. Over a third of the track time is already sold! Trade stands and some sponsorship opportunities are still available.

I shall ‘pull things together’ again and ticketing will be done in the same way as last year – which worked well. Please go online and purchase Entrance and Track Tickets yourself.

IT’S IMPORTANT THAT YOU PUT ‘Z CLUB MEMBER’ IN THE NOTES SO THAT THE ORGANISERS ALLOCATE US TO THE SAME TRACK SESSIONS AND GIVE US A PADDOCK AREA FOR MEMBERS.

I’ve asked for one morning session and one afternoon session but that is not confirmed at the moment. Full ‘Z Club Members’ will get priority if sessions are oversubscribed i.e. we may not be able to get you all out together but I will try my best. Booking early is the best way for us to achieve that.

I’ve booked 2 track tickets for myself and used their ‘notes’ box as a test for you.

Prices are the same as last year £15 entry, £20 each track session.

Please post-up on here if you’ve bought admission tickets and track passes, so that we can see who’s attending.

Camping is available on Friday and Saturday night.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
BUMP.

Little (no!) interest shown so far.

What I would say is don't leave it too late for track time. Japfest is sold-out already and according to PPC they are selling well too.

Not forcing anyone here, I can go alone but I don't want to have to start negotiating with the organisers at the last minute.

I think with normal track-days becoming very expensive folks who want the track 'experience' are looking at these type of events.

RobZ32

Well-Known Forum User
Sorry Rob I cannot commit myself to any events this year. If the work situation stays as is I will not be taxing and insuring my ZX. It will be having a rest until things get better again.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
BUMP.

Still very little interest shown so far.

Don't leave it too late for track time.

kevleaper

Forum User
Hi Rob
As a staffer on PPC I'll be there and I've even bought a 240Z to boost Zclub numbers! Actually the day's booking up well. Look forward to seeing you there.
Cheers
Kev

Attachments

• IMG_5040.jpg
    IMG_5040.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 10

Mr HollowPoint

Well-Known Forum User
Sorry Rob, with going to JapFest on the 12th, then Rising Sun Car Show on the 27th, I doubt highly we can do this one, as 3 weekends in a row is a little much when we have kids and a dog to work around. Plus there's the fact I drive a Z, so I'll have to fix whatever goes wrong with it at JapFest on the track, on the weekend this event is on, lol.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Kev, yeh I noticed from your email address where you worked.

HollowPoint - it's a very busy month on the Z Calendar I know. I am giving Japfest a miss again this year :(, like you I've got to be selective and Mallory is a lot closer for me.

Mr HollowPoint

Well-Known Forum User
To be fair, Mallory would be a lot closer for me too actually, the real decider for me, is having that weekend in the middle to repair the car if anything does break at JapFest before Rising Sun, which is closer being in Lincolnshire and not a track day, just need to get there, lol.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Folks the organisers want to sell our saved slots.

The only other person to commit is Darren.

I've asked them to save 2 sessions for 4 cars not just the 2.

I'm not going to push with this now so get in fast if you are 'hovering'.

johnymd

Club Member
As usual, I've left it a bit late to book this. Tried to book on line today and there doesn't seem to be an on line booking form. Have I left it too late?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
As usual, I've left it a bit late to book this. Tried to book on line today and there doesn't seem to be an on line booking form. Have I left it too late?

John, you should be ok but act quickly. I'll PM you the contact I have.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
John, did you book on-line ok?

I managed to book a 3rd session for myself yesterday - no problem.