Magazine fixed

JakTheRuby

Club Member
FIXED IT! The problem is that it stores the page data in Firefox's cache. You'll need to do a quick fix to get round this but it works once you've done it. You need to go to the Tools menu (in firefox this is!) and scroll down to Clear Private Data... and it should give you a pop up window. Once it's there check the following boxes and run it and then it'll sort it out (phew!). If it doesn't look exactly the same don't worry. As long as you UNcheck the saved passwords box you'll not lose yer bank log-ins / zclub log-in etc.

fix.png

SMW1

Active Forum User
Is this the fix for downloading the new magazine ?. When I click the download link it tells me page not found.

260ZG

Club Member
Have a look on the other thread (it's on it's way) where all will be revealed. This is assuming Jako hasn't managed to fix it yet.

Note you will also need new password from Jako

zedache

Well-Known Forum User
Just trying to download magazine using IE but password does not appear to be working. Otherwise I can get it to download to all but the last 0.01MB of the file.

Help please.

Thanks

Paul

Mr Ex

Inactive
Got mine printed off OK on FF but what a f - - - ing long job, got to stay here to manually change each page to print, then change 'em over to print the back.

ollyc

Well-Known Forum User
Mine is refusing to print or save to my lap top even when using firefox
help! lol I can view it but man its tiny

JakTheRuby

Club Member
olly, you need the new password to download it. I'll now PM it to you. The instructions on 'how to use the magazine' are on here somewhere. I'll repost the link if I can find it.

JakTheRuby

Club Member
FOUND IT! It was a hunt but got there. It was originally in a public bit with the content for the whole world to see so I'm copying it to here:

Right then... before you click the link, i'll give you a few pointers. If you are on dial-up internet you may well be a little disappointed at the speed but can't worry. It'll still look the business. To turn the pages (i know, i know it sounds condecending but it really isn't) hover your mouse over the page corner you wish to turn, click and hold your left mouse button (kind of like gripping a page) and drag the page across, just like the real thing and then let go of the mouse button. Simple! Or you can click the left/right arrows at the bottom on the tool bar. Now, in order to read it properly (unless you have super-awesome bionic super-vision eyeballs... like me...) you'll need to zoom in to the page you wish to read. To do this just click on the magnifying glass below the page you wish to zoom in on and after a few seconds, it'll pop up. Move yer mouse up and down the page to read it and when your finished click either magnifier to zoom out. There are other functions but we'll get to that later.

ollyc

Well-Known Forum User
Every time I click on the Download feature it directs me to this page and says;
Not Found
The requested URL /magazines/olmsummer08/1olm08.pdf was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8b mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.zclub.net Port 80

So not even giving me option to enter the new password

malcolmpaul

Well-Known Forum User
I don't use firefox but can't download the mag. I get the error message "Not found on this server". Please help, any ideas?

260ZG

Club Member
There seems to be a problem with the link at the moment but.......

From the Tonight's the night thread :-

Ok just sussed the PDF download

Jako-link url needs to be edited so last group has a 2 instead of 1 as first digit

For those that want to try themselves......

click on link which brings up the error message

Not Found

The requested URL /magazines/olmsummer08/1olm08.pdf was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

If you go to address bar and edit the /1olm08.pdf group at the end to read /2olm08.pdf it should then work and bring up the password box-enter password (obtained from Jako) and away you go

Hope this helps until Jako manages to fix it BUT please note you will need the new password

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
i have just had a look at the magazine and it looks great !!!!!!!!!!!

ollyc

Well-Known Forum User
Cheers 260ZG thats sorted it out perfectly now I have iot saved and woking spot on! Many thanks and I have read the mag already but now I can stop using my magnifying glass Lol.

JakTheRuby

Club Member
Still can't download the magazine!

1. What web browser are you using?
2. Have you got the new password?
3. What is the error message (if any) that you're getting?

If you can let me know these things then I can sort the problem out near enough straight away.

Cheers in advance,

malcolmpaul

Well-Known Forum User
1) Internet Explorer
2) Password is noT IN PUBLIC YES HE HAS
3) Don't get chance to use the password though as I get the error message "Not Found on this server",
also a 404 Not Found message,
Any help appreciated, please

Last edited by a moderator:

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
1) Internet Explorer
2) Password is noT IN PUBLIC YES HE HAS
3) Don't get chance to use the password though as I get the error message "Not Found on this server",
also a 404 Not Found message,
Any help appreciated, please

As Has been posted by 260zg in a previous post in this thread

>>>>>If you go to address bar and edit the /1olm08.pdf group at the end to read /2olm08.pdf it should then work and bring up the password box-enter password (obtained from Jako) and away you go<<<<<<< it will work

Zep

Club Member
Can someone please PM me the password. l tried the one posted above and the one shown next to the download link.
Thanks, Dean,