Lovely 240 on ebay

peter_s

Club Member
That's a beautiful car.

I would say the value sounds pretty good. To build something like that costs a pretty penny...

kev64

Well-Known Forum User
Interesting mot history considering it was restored 8 years ago a few fails involving rust ? Is it well known in the club?

kev64

Well-Known Forum User
Dvla mot check. Why has it got the wrong centre console and wrong quarter panel badges as it's an early one ( vents on tailgate)?

richiep

Club Member
The ad says its a 1972, so the vented quarter emblems and console would be correct for that year - however the tailgate is obviously an early one and why is it on a 1970 "H" plate? Personal plate maybe?

Mark N

Club Member
Dvla mot check. Why has it got the wrong centre console and wrong quarter panel badges as it's an early one ( vents on tailgate)?

Possibly the wrong tailgate, the series 1 quarter panel emblems have a different pin pattern than the later ones that are fitted to that car.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I think there are a lot of cars on SUXxxxH plates - isn't that a prefix reserved for imports?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Tbh I was waiting for you guys to see what I can see. Also 260 rear interior panel. Anyway I'm glad the dash light works! Where are the 'buttons' they work too?

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Looks like an expensive nail to me.

One picture of one frame rail and that looks patch welded or coated in seam sealer.

240Z.jpg

God knows what else would be wrong if they took some decent pictures.

uk66fastback

Club Member
I’m not as blunt and to the point as Dan but he’s hit the ‘nail‘ on the head so to speak. Price is in dreamland!

Reactions: ALN

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Guys, is it common for a 4 bolt wheel to have 8 holes?

I've not seen it before. I've seen discs with a few unequally spaced holes to enable fitting to various PCDs.

peter_s

Club Member
Guys, is it common for a 4 bolt wheel to have 8 holes?

I've not seen it before. I've seen discs with a few unequally spaced holes to enable fitting to various PCDs.
Same as I have, cheap Japan Racing wheels.

It's common to share two bolt patterns on one wheel. These are 4/114 and 4/100

ALN

Club Member
Looks like a nicely kept car, but like any of the cars this age, its somewhat of a lottery if the car has not been stripped back to bare shell and rebuilt...

So... does anyone know where I can find them headlamps?