looking for a lift to the Christmas do! ...

mick daniels

Well-Known Forum User
Seriously I would love to go and meet some of you guys. I can get a cheap flight to luton airport on the 26th Nov, arrival time around 2 pm. If anyone is heading to reading and passing near the airport?

Not sure how far Reading is from the airport, but it's worth a long shot!:)

Cheers , Mick .

Hi MIck, It would be great to have your company at the xmas do, are we talking Ms Daniels too?

Luton is not a million miles from Reading , so im sure someone can help. If not I could possibly come and get you, im in the other direction, (Kent) but its not a major prob.
Let me know what the flight arrival time is on 26th, and we;ll take it from there.
Don.

Mick, just a second thought, couldnt you hire a little jam jar, wouldnt cost a lot mate, then you can stay over of course and drive yourself back to the airport following morning after the Z brekky mate.
Don.

Zbirdy said:
Mick, just a second thought, couldnt you hire a little jam jar, wouldnt cost a lot mate, then you can stay over of course and drive yourself back to the airport following morning after the Z brekky mate.
Don.
Cheers Don, I actually had a thought on the way home just now. I have some parts on order from MJP, some of them quite large and fragile. I was going to organise a courier for them, but I might just drive over in the van, pick up the parts, and head to the do!

I'll check out sailing times tomorrow, and see if this is possible within the timeframe to get a return sailing and be back for work on monday!

Mike is also in the Kent area isn't he? how far is that from Reading?

Cheers Mick.

Mike is in Essex
it is 80 miles from Mike to Reading

what are the parts you are getting from mike and how big

a thought may be is Mike is coming to my house the weekend before the xmas do and depending on how big the parts are he might be able to bring them to mine and I could bring them on to Reading

STEVE BURNS said:
Mike is in Essex
it is 80 miles from Mike to Reading

what are the parts you are getting from mike and how big

a thought may be is Mike is coming to my house the weekend before the xmas do and depending on how big the parts are he might be able to bring them to mine and I could bring them on to Reading
They are bodyparts Steve, front and rear bumper plus other bits and peices, so quite large and awkward. Don't think they would fit in the boot of a 350 lol!

Unless he's driving a van. Thanks Steve:)

Mick, I will be travelling from Mansfield Notts in my van. Could probably pick you up at Luton or even East midlands if it's any help

mick daniels said:
They are bodyparts Steve, front and rear bumper plus other bits and peices, so quite large and awkward. Don't think they would fit in the boot of a 350 lol!

Unless he's driving a van. Thanks Steve:)
aint he got a roof rack? lol

Well offered Derek.

Steve, I sent you a PM about this, are you still in this life? didnt get a reply.
Don.

Derek Sulley said:
Mick, I will be travelling from Mansfield Notts in my van. Could probably pick you up at Luton or even East midlands if it's any help
Cheers Derek, That's very kind of you ! I am going to get exact flight times tomorrow. I tried stenaline today, they wanted 480 euro for a weekend trip in a van with just driver. They can kiss my Arse!

I will stay in touch:)

Zbirdy said:
Well offered Derek.

Steve, I sent you a PM about this, are you still in this life? didnt get a reply.
Don.
Don, thankyou very much for the help.You guys really are a decent bunch. :) :) :)

Zbirdy said:
Well offered Derek.

Don.
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear
Didn't think I needed to reply to your PM with the offers from viniboy and Derek to pick Mick up on this thread and my suggestion, after Mick posting he was thinking off coming over in a van, of me trying to arrange for Mike Feeney to deliver the parts to my house and I would transport them up to Reading.

After putting that post up I was on the phone to Mike to suggest that if he couldn't deliver them to me I might of been able to go to Mikes house and pick the parts up but all that is irrelevant as Mick is not travelling over by a van now.

Wonder why you feel the need to post up that you sent me a PM and you didn't get a reply when the request in that PM had been answered by Derek and viniboy

Oh and yes I am still in this life and I pleased to say that I am happy with all that is happening and has happened in my life.

Errr, yeh ok Steve, dont realy get, why you seem to have the hump though, I merely wanted to know if you were able to pick up Mick, thats why I PMd you, cos i thought you were near Luton. Then of course our Derek offered, good for him. I offered to help Mick, cos its my arrangement he is trying to attend, Its called "Goodwill Steve"

Glad your still alive and kicking, and moaning. (thats a joke by the way) The main thing is weve sorted it out for Mick.

CHRISTMAS?....Bah humbug!!
Don.

Well i'm glad that's out of the way! Steve , thankyou , I was talking to Mike this morning and he also offered to help.

Also Steve, I may still be driving over if I can organise a lend of my dads 4x4 which I can fit the parts in and the ferry would be half the price. I will let you Know in the next couple of days. It would be a lot more enjoyable if I could make a weekend out of it and not be under pressure for time:)

By the way Don, do I just click on paypal on the home page to pay? Can I pay for the hotel also? If so, could you give me the total amount please?
Cheers , Mick.

Hi Mick,

You need to call the calcot hotel direct find their number here
www.calcothotel.co.uk
tell them you want to join in the Z club Dinner on 26th November booked in the name of "Mr Wyatt, The Z Club" once youve made the booking for the meal, let me know by sending me PM. You also book your room direct with hotel.
Cheers.
Don.

Back