Licence HELP

NickF

Well-Known Forum User
Hi

Will be in UK next week have a licence issued 1978 is this still valid??

Thanks

Nick

rhanagar

Well-Known Forum User
I assume its an old paper one as well. Aren't they now needed to be updated to a card one. Unsure, but you should be able to get away with it either way.

NickF

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks.
The license I have is green printing on white valid to 2019, address no good. I might need to hire a car so need to know if license is ok.
Not sure if I can drive with Australian license in UK could get International one?

Nick

tel240z

Club Member
Thanks.
The license I have is green printing on white valid to 2019, address no good. I might need to hire a car so need to know if license is ok.
Not sure if I can drive with Australian license in UK could get International one?

Nick
You may need proof of address to hire a car here and a large deposit something i doubt you have thats the proof i mean not the deposit

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
I would have thought you could use your Oz licence, we can use a UK licence in Australia. When are you coming over? I could ask my uncle as he comes over quite a bit and usually hires a car.

rhanagar

Well-Known Forum User
Most international licences are valid in other countries and I would of thought that being as it is Oz you would have little chance of problems. What you could do is phone a few hire companies in the uk and ask them.