Le Mans 24 hrs 2008

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I will be booking my discount tickets early this September at the latest, if you would like to be part of a great group of people AND keep the cost of motorsport spectating down, then be a part of it - money up front !

We totted up and for each person, we paid just £30 for food and drink between Wednesday and Sunday with another £100 for two peoples' tickets and a parking/camping ticket, valid all week from Monday to Monday !

Everyone must give a hand in without nagging but aside from most meal times, you do your own thing - a Z co-operative !

Hang on I know both are great events but this is the one most of the club attend and has all the wine involved in right?

But it's the other one that I'm expecting most of the club to attend next year - remember that it's every two years !

Yes, we had 10 litres of excellent chilled Rosé, beer cans in 4 fridges and two cool boxes and a case of a dozen 2002 Bordeaux red brought up by Philippe (who lives between the St Emillion and Garves regions) !

Still only cost £30 per person food AND drink !

You feeling rich then ? Don't forget to book via Speed Ferries and don't hang about 'cos all the rest of the Brits will be doing the same thing !

No but it's cheaper than snowboarding again and all I do is fall down a hillside for my money.

When I know what dates and crossings every else is doing I'll book then.

Some photos from this year ! My best Le Mans ever - shared with my son, Jules of 2yrs and 10 months !

And also with :

Philippe, Ludo, Frank, Cathy, Jacob, Marcel, Suzy, Chris, Sam and Guy !

My gracious thanks to Suzy and Chris who arrived several hours before us all and chose such a magnificent place to set up camp !

Shade from the heat - shelter from the rain with no risk of being blocked in by other cars and nearby running water AND 220 volts which we shamelessly tapped into for free !

ps Nearby Jules in his push-chair is an Aston on full acceleration from Mulsanne Corner towards Indianapolis - close wasn't it ? A little further on, most cars reach 210 mph !

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried to get the holiday for this one this morning but can't :( Already booked the week before, still on for the classic though!

Russ... DO IT. Come to Le Mans next year!!

It's awesome!!!!

But £30 on food and beer??? Take a credit card and regret it later :)

THIS IS A LAST CALL FOR ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE ME TO BOOK THEIR TICKETS FOR LE MANS 24HRS IN JUNE NEXT YEAR.

I CAN GET THEM CHEAPER THAN ANYONE ELSE, WE STAY IN CAMPING EXPO - JUST 5 MINUTES WALK FROM THE CIRCUIT AND EASY CAR ACCESS TO TOUR AROUND THE CIRCUIT DURING THE NIGHT AND ALSO FOR THOSE URGENT HYPERMARKET TOP-UPS !

I'm not going to ask again so don't call me next May for tickets please !

Just realised you didn't do an article for this years Le Mans and the French weekend - be a same not to let everyone know what a great time we had

Sean, can you confirm the dates please? just making my mind up if i want to Camp or Hotel it.

just tried to book a ferry or train for that weekend and having problems booking.....:mad: will phone them in the morning..:unsure:

The campsite is open from the Monday before 'til the Monday after - you MUST come down at least to watch the qualifying - remeùber that more cars participate in this than are alowed to race so it's a shoot-out. Also, every car and every driver (3 per car) MUST qualify in daylight AND nightime so the pace is hot during the four sessions over Wednesday and Thursday. This would also give you time to wander through one or two of the other campsites to soak up the crazy atmosphere - also, it's like walking through the biggest classic and sportscar show and there's always a surprise to be seen. Come down earlier or not at all Paul !

It might have been some help if you had explained the process mate as some of us are 24hr virgins. so what dates will you be there? no guesses now!:D

Back