June Events: Trentham Gardems Show & The Peak Run

dicky96

Well-Known Forum User
Hi folks

OK it may seem a while away yet, but June will be upon us quicker than we think!

As NW REO for the 300zx.co.uk site I have two completely different meeets lined up for June and nows a good time to start asking who would like to come along and join the fun. I think these events would be of interest to members on this site too so hope no one minds me promoting these events here

First up is the Trentham Gardens Classic Car show, Stoke-On-Trent on Fathers day Sunday 15th of June

http://www.classicshowsuk.co.uk/cars...date.asp?id=23

We had a great turnout last year with no less than 16 cars exhibiting (including some cars frmo this site) and it was a really good day out, so if you want to come along this year then get your name on the list. Lets see if we can get even more this year. Cost is £3.50 per car with up to two adults and two kids under 15

---------------------

And now for something completely different.
On the following weekend Sunday June 22nd is the 26th Annual Peak Run. This is open to all classic cars and apparently attracts some real 'exotica'. Starting from Belper in Derbyshire between 80 and 100 classic cars head off on a 80 mile drive through the beautiful Derbyshire Peak District and finish at one of Derbyshire's main attractions.

There were one of two Zeds on the run last year (or so I am led to believe) but this year let's make a real impact and get a good turnout for what will undoubtably be a brilliant day out. Cost is £10 per car for the peak run. However there are other options for those wanting to make a weekend of it. More info is on the official website

http://peakrun.weebly.com/

So here are the lists. Roll up Roll up!!!

Trentham Classic Car Show Sunday 15th June
-----------------------------------------------

dicky96 (300ZX)
candy red (280ZX)
Rob Gaskin (probably) 240Z
Iangreenfield (300ZX)
300ZX_666 (300ZX)
mark300zx (300ZX)

The Peak Run Sunday 22nd June
-------------------------------

dicky96 (300ZX)
300ZX_666 (300ZX)

cheers
dicky

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping to attend Trentham this year.

My Dad is keen again and hopefully won't be in hospital this time.

Yes mate, my Dad will be in a wheelchair ;)

Does that have a turbo fitted? :driving:

PS 300ZX_666 from the 300zx.co.uk also has his wheelchair and attended last year and this time - a lot of Trentham show is accessible on proper tarmac paths so it is a suitable venue, I'm sure he will have a great day

Please put me down for Trentham too (hopefully). Car is S30 Fairlady Z.

I'll see if any others from the early Z crowd in Cheshire Plainz who are going to Tatton Park at the beginning of June are interested in this too (given its local).

Hi guys
Sorry for being away a while - I'll put you both on the lsit

I am about to order the passes for Trentham so if anyone else would like to attend then now is the time to say so

The list as it stands:

Trentham Classic Car Show Sunday 15th June
-----------------------------------------------

dicky96 (300 ZX Z32)
Ian Greenfield (300 ZX Z32)
300ZX_666
mark300zx (300 ZX Z32)
cheshire300zx (300 ZX Z32)
candy red (280zx)
Rob Gaskin (240Z)
richieP (S30 Fairlady Z)

OK I am about to order ten passes for this show.

That means there is one spare at the moment

Anyone else wanting to come along, now would be a good time to get your name down

It's a great (and inexpensive) day out and an excellent venue so why not come along?

Rich

Hi folks

Well Trentham is now only a week away

I have booked the club stand and paid for ten passes

Unfortunately the passes went missing in the post. This is not as problem as the event organisers have allocarted our space and they will send me a replacement set of passes tomorrow (Monday) but this does mean i will not have them until mid week which doesn't really give me time to send them out to folks

Therefore I would ask everyone who is attending to meet at the Weathervane Pub Lysander Road, Meir Park, Stoke on Trent, ST3 7WA
http://www.hungryhorse.co.uk/pubs/weathervane-stoke-trent

For those who attended last year this is the same pub we met at.

This is an ideal meeting place as it is only about 4 miles from Trentham Gardens and is directly off the A50 trunk road. They do a very good (and cheap) breakfast, plus there is a McDonalds directly opposite for anyone who prefers a McBreakfast and a Tesco if anyone needs fuel

We also get to make some noise drving in convoy through the tunnel at Meir when we go onwards to the show.

I can hand out passes on the day - please pay me the £3.50 then. The pass allows your car plus up to two adults and two sprogs under 15 yrs

We will be leaving the Weathervane at 9am as we need to be on our stand by 10am and there is usually quite a queue at the exhibitors entrance

The list as it stands is as follows

dicky96
Ian Greenfield
300ZX_666
mark300zx
cheshire300zx
gray

candy red (280zx)
Rob Gaskin (240Z)
richieP (S30 Fairlady Z)

Could anyone who is on the list and not attending please let me know

We currently have one spare pass available - who would like it?

Trentham was a great day out last year, let's make it another good one

Rich

Oh just to mention - this is booked as a joint 300zx.co.uk and zclub.net stand. We will be taking our club banners/sails so if someone would like to bring along the zclub ones as well we can make the stand look really special!

Cheers
Rich

Unfortunately the passes went missing in the post........... which doesn't really give me time to send them out to folks. Therefore I would ask everyone who is attending to meet at the Weathervane Pub........We also get to make some noise drving in convoy through the tunnel at Meir.........

I smell a rat here - this is just a ploy to get a convoy ;-)

I smell a rat here - this is just a ploy to get a convoy ;-)

Am I so transparent LOL

Just to update the list KJZ32 is now also attending in his Z32

I still have a few not confirmed so it is possible there may be a spare pass, so if anyone wants it let me know and you will be on the reserve list

Rich

Oh for anyone wanting to eat breakfast at the Weathervane - they serve from 8am and they are very good and inexpensive too.

The passes have arrived today - so at least we can get nto the show LOL

It would be nice if those on the list confirmed they are attending

The ones in Bold I already know are confirmed

dicky96
Ian Greenfield

300ZX_666
mark300zx
cheshire300zx
gray
KJZ32

candy red (280zx)
Rob Gaskin (240Z)