Jason selling his Z

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
To do this in a private garage as a hobby when you are a family (young family) man with a 'day job' and a house/garden and wife to entertain (days out etc). is too much. Rich is in the same position and both of you can't help buying other projects too!

We are all different, I prefer doing jobs to get things running and improving them but I want the driving/riding to be the major part. A lot of people enjoy the building and that is where their focus is. Cars like this are museum pieces really to be driven on very few occasions.

I have a mate in the village who is building a D Type replica - he is a perfectionist and similar age to me and I fear he will never finish it (or at least drive it).

So it's a lovely car and if you do part with it I hope your next car is worth it. Don't spread yourself too thinly on these things. The older you get the more drivable they need to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
its not a decision i've taken lightly. If it doesn't pan out then its going nowhere. I've a couple of options where it doesn't need to go.

I don't think i've been obsessive with the detail, the detail points on these cars are fairly easy to hit. it helps when part 'number 1' is so good. I'm just running out of time with most things.

Go on Jason, tell us what sort of car has swept you off your feet?
Big Sam ?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jason, why are you selling it just as a 'rolling shell' with engine?

Is your dream car another Z that needs your parts and maybe suspension?

Z432?

Jason, why are you selling it just as a 'rolling shell' with engine?

Is your dream car another Z that needs your parts and maybe suspension?

Z432?

Money.

I've got a fair few very nice parts(to me/IMO), i'd realise more money out of it that way.

A z432 is a dream car though. Car would keep me in the club though. I think.

Last edited: